Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please help - Android tablet problem.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Long story short mum bought uncle the 'Scroll Engage 8" tab with Android Icecream Sandwich for his 50th. He charged it and it doesn't work, it wont boot it flashes the home screen for a split second and then goes to the Android guy on his back with his stomach open and a hazard warning sign thing just above.

I've never had an android before so am lost, I've searched the web and not found much and also managed to try system restore and wipe etc but nothing.

Can anyone help? I would be massively in debt to you!

Signed a simpleton.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Throw it in the bin and buy iPad.

If it was upto me I would, I have my iphone and love it. But it is not for me and for my mum to her brother an ipad he likely wont 'get' is abit of a waste of cash.

Seriously wound up by it nothing I do seems to make a difference. :(

It looks like it'd be good if I can sort it, If someone can help I'll even chuck a £10 to a charity of their choice.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Long story short mum bought uncle the 'Scroll Engage 8" tab with Android Icecream Sandwich for his 50th. He charged it and it doesn't work, it wont boot it flashes the home screen for a split second and then goes to the Android guy on his back with his stomach open and a hazard warning sign thing just above.

I've never had an android before so am lost, I've searched the web and not found much and also managed to try system restore and wipe etc but nothing.

Can anyone help? I would be massively in debt to you!

Signed a simpleton.
Where did she get it from?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry Gramps, I see you're as happy and jovial as usual !

I am very happy after all we won again today, but I do get annoyed when somebody asks a sensible question probably because they don't know and some body comes up with such an answer as yours. I would rather they just ignored it and said nothing. But we will all move on.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Don't know the tablet but there will probably be a key combination that forces it to factory reset.

A quick google suggests :

After some trial and error this is what you do, make sure power is plugged in, power off the tablet. Now keep the power and the settings key pressed, keep it pressed and it will eventually enter a screen were you can hard reset the device, use the volume controls to move up and down and the power key to accept the selection.

Scroll Tablet PC | Scroll Excel Tablet Forum View topic - Factory Reset with the Scroll Excel

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Don't know the tablet but there will probably be a key combination that forces it to factory reset.

A quick google suggests :

After some trial and error this is what you do, make sure power is plugged in, power off the tablet. Now keep the power and the settings key pressed, keep it pressed and it will eventually enter a screen were you can hard reset the device, use the volume controls to move up and down and the power key to accept the selection.

Scroll Tablet PC | Scroll Excel Tablet Forum View topic - Factory Reset with the Scroll Excel

That is surely the same link i already posted?!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
If it hasn't turned on straight away and even a hard reset is doing nothing for it then the device is buggered and you want to get it replaced from whoever sold it to you

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It should have a small recessed reset button next to the SD card or you could try turning it off then holding volume up + power on to enter recovery and factory reset from there. Make sure it's nice and charged up first.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
It should have a small recessed reset button next to the SD card or you could try turning it off then holding volume up + power on to enter recovery and factory reset from there. Make sure it's nice and charged up first.

Nope nada, I will get her to return it (She doesn't think she can as its from the web :p) and get a Nexus 7.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Nope nada, I will get her to return it (She doesn't think she can as its from the web :p) and get a Nexus 7.

It may be worth waiting, if you can for the kindle HD. It looks pretty impressive. Not that the nexus is bad, it's a great tablet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here