Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Minter...

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
From what I was told he was the man back in the day! I got introduced to him at work today... Just in-case any boxing fans know who he is :)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Went down to his Dad's (Sid Minter) drinking club a couple of times somewhere around Regency Sq if I remember right. Bit scary for an 18 yo, saw the boy there once ... nodded at him and left!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Well he was,until he bumped into Marvelous Marvin

Got beat by Sibbo too

He was good though

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
He was introduced to the crowd at half time at our home game with Nottingham Forest in 1980.
We had won one- nil and he was World Champion at the time.

levski seagull

Jul 7, 2003
brighton
I remember being allowed to stay up late to watch his title fight against vito antofermo (sp?), he had a victory parade around crawley when he came back with the belt. Unfortunately he came up against hagler, a beast of a boxer but he gave it his best shot.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Hagler destroyed him, didn't it then kick off in the crowd, I seem to remember all sorts going on?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Got ripped to shreds by Hagler and was never the same after that

I remember it will.

He got BATTERED, and then the crowd went COMPLETLEY MAD beer bottles lobbed into the ring, fights in the crowd. As you say, he was never the same fighter after that night.

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
Chap who introduced me said his title fight with Vito Antofermo was v good. Yeah he stank of booze when he came in our shop and it was only when I signalled to my colleague about this he came over and told me who he was... seemed a friendly chap with a couple of drinks in him :)
I remember being allowed to stay up late to watch his title fight against vito antofermo (sp?), he had a victory parade around crawley when he came back with the belt. Unfortunately he came up against hagler, a beast of a boxer but he gave it his best shot.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Minter killed another lad in the ring, I recall he was considering quitting right then.
It had an effect on him as a sporting man

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Alan Minter was a good fighter used to cut easily though, gave my dad a signed photo of himself for me, pleased as punch as an 8 year old. One of the best boxers to come out of sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here