Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Will Buckley song.

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
Can someone tell us the words to this one please, and the song from which it's derived?
We're close to the half way line in the East & can't hear it clearly enough to latch on when it gets going in the North.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It's to the tune of Heartbeat by The Hollies.

Will-i-am..... Willl-i-am Buckley runs down the wing for me.
Do Do Do Do Do
Do Do Do Do Do (other stand)
Do Do Do Do Do
Do Do Do Do Do (other stand)

Rinse and Repeat.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Buddy Holly's Heartbeat

William, William Buckley goes down the wing for me
der der, de de der
der der, de de der
der der, de de der
der der, de de der

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Before anyone moans at Postman Pat, please see a list of covers of Buddy Holly's original below:

Nick Berry
Tommy Roe
Bobby Vee
Herman's Hermits
Dave Berry
Skeeter Davis
Humble Pie
Cilla Black
Showaddywaddy
The Knack
Connie Francis
Mike Berry
Speedy Sparks
P. J. Proby
The Hollies
Denny Laine
Cliff Richard
Nanci Griffith

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
I used to like "We've got Steve Steve Steve Steve Penney on our wing, on our wing" to the tune of Ging Gang Gooley.
I would happily join in with "Willy Willy Willy Willy Buckley on our wing, on our wing".

A celebration of our present with a nod to the past.

Similarly, "Ryan Harley football genius" anyone?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I used to like "We've got Steve Steve Steve Steve Penney on our wing, on our wing" to the tune of Ging Gang Gooley.
I would happily join in with "Willy Willy Willy Willy Buckley on our wing, on our wing".

A celebration of our present with a nod to the past.

Similarly, "Ryan Harley football genius" anyone?

I think stick with what we got, because thats awful! Everyone knows it and gets the crowd going! So long as it makes for a great atmosphere and not specific individuals "wants" then I don't care!!

Need to do the Harley chant again soon :lolol:

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
Not enough people are familiar with The Smiths' back catalogue for that one to catch on, Shirley.
We need to celebrate Harley's talent though, whether "Ole Ole Ole Ole" or otherwise. Crumplin liked the "Football Genius" tag & seemed to improve his game as it caught on, culminating in a brilliant performance at Anfield in the FA Cup.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not enough people are familiar with The Smiths' back catalogue for that one to catch on, Shirley.
We need to celebrate Harley's talent though, whether "Ole Ole Ole Ole" or otherwise. Crumplin liked the "Football Genius" tag & seemed to improve his game as it caught on, culminating in a brilliant performance at Anfield in the FA Cup.

We Sing Ole Ole Ole Ole Harley, Harley, when he comes on, although thats generally because we are a little bit drunk.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That one makes me cringe. Can't we do better?

I agree. Completely EMBARRASSING.

What's embarrassing or cringe worthy is that we have about 2 players with regular songs at the moment, not criticisms of an existing song, christ on a bike just get on with it. I suspect people like yourselves barely join in anyway, like the grumpy old fuckers in the muppets!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here