Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car Park Steward Training - Late Purchase Of Car Parking Tickets

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Meant to post this after Barnsley game
Having purchased a car park season ticket the day before I turned up at 1pm at Uni car park with a printed receipt for said car park season ticket and also an e-mail from customer services saying "please use this e-mail for admission to Uni car park for Barnsley game on 25th August".
Having waxed lyrical to my dad about great Amex match day experience (was taking him to first game at Amex and turning up early to get disabled bus to ground) we were then met at the barrier my mr "vouchers only" officious steward.
Trying to explain I had purchased said voucher, I was told several times "no voucher no parking", having refused to rurn around and leave, the steward with him then read the printed e-mails and was willing to let mein, mr "no voucher, no parking" was not and I then had to wait for a supervisor to be called over to rule on this, they then obviously said ys ok to go in.
I then had to wait until supervisor left and "mr no voucher, no parking" informed me it was his first day, he was only told to let people in with vouchers and if was up to him I still would not be going in.

A bit of training about such e-mails / test messages being sent to late purcahse car park tickets would be useful.

Theough the obvious to me was I could not understand why I had not been e-mailed a pdf of the Barnsley game voucher for me to print off.

This would keep things simple, and also not challenge the training levels needed for the likes of my "no voucher, no parking"

Incident did rather spoil the beginning of the day for both of us

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Thanks for the feedback, and apologies for the mix up. I will mention this to the ops team and ask them to ensure all stewards are reminded (again) of how the system works.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here