Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PPI

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone actually used any PPI companies and claimed some money back??

I've used a few credit cards and loans over the years and don't really have the time to trawl through all my records to see if I have it. Just thought any money I could claim would make a healthy dent into my Christmas presents fund. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
My neighbour and 2 family members cleared £ 15k between them with a company called Consortium reclaim , £ 50 up front refundable if successful and 25% charges of amount secured , they are great with PPI claims only- but if they offer to clear your credit card balance , they charge you £ 750 which they put on your card and do not deliver, so PPI only is great. 08009878240
My ex has secured £ 1500 from a company called PPI Today nothing up front and 20% charge. 08006906055

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
No need to use the companies. They claim a large percentage of the money for just filling out a few simple forms you can film out yourself.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
If you have taken ppi and know who with then use the online template letters to write to companies, only if they dig their heels in and refuse to pay or deny miselling then use a claims management company. No point giving 20-30% away if the provider offers settlement straight away, I used a claims management company but only because my claim involved the ombudsman and subsequently the financial services compensation scheme.

DON'T use a third party company, they'll fleece you for at least 10% of any claim as well as take forever. Write a letter yourself, something like this:

Re account number:

Dear Sir/Madam

After having consulted a financial advisor, I wish to make a claim for mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance on the above named policy with <INSERT BUSINESS NAME HERE>. At the time of taking out each loan I was in full-time work, in receipt of sick pay. Therefore, PPI would have been of no benefit to me.

Additionally, the extra cost of the PPI meant that my repayments were higher than they should have been, meaning each loan took longer to pay off than necessary.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

You spend the cost of a postage stamp, you get £££££££.

If you have taken ppi and know who with then use the online template letters to write to companies, only if they dig their heels in and refuse to pay or deny miselling then use a claims management company. No point giving 20-30% away if the provider offers settlement straight away, I used a claims management company but only because my claim involved the ombudsman and subsequently the financial services compensation scheme.

One of the companies I claimed from were dragging their heels. I wrote to the ombudsman myself, and hey presto a cheque arrived within days.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
One of the companies I claimed from were dragging their heels. I wrote to the ombudsman myself, and hey presto a cheque arrived within days.

Dragging their heels for a while is one thing but my claim took 2 to 3 years due to the lender winding the comany up and starting another one at the same address but this meant they did not need to pay out at all as the ombudsman found them in default. This meant further time and letter writing, as I said originally if it can be dealt with via the odd letter then don't use a claims management firm.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The thing that's always puzzled me is what do you do if you don't know if you were paying for PPI ? Can I send every lender I've had over the last x number of years a letter saying did I have PPI ? And then make a claim if they reply yes ?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
No need to use the companies. They claim a large percentage of the money for just filling out a few simple forms you can film out yourself.

They must be doing something as i have tried to go direct, filled the forms etc but every time they get ignored. 3 times i sent them to Barclays and each time i never get a reply so will will probably give it to one of these companies.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
DON'T use a third party company, they'll fleece you for at least 10% of any claim as well as take forever. Write a letter yourself, something like this:

Re account number:

Dear Sir/Madam

After having consulted a financial advisor, I wish to make a claim for mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance on the above named policy with <INSERT BUSINESS NAME HERE>. At the time of taking out each loan I was in full-time work, in receipt of sick pay. Therefore, PPI would have been of no benefit to me.

Additionally, the extra cost of the PPI meant that my repayments were higher than they should have been, meaning each loan took longer to pay off than necessary.

Yours sincerely,

Done that 3 times and never got a response, what should i do next?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Have done to credit card companies and received about £1500. I'm thinking about mortgages now , does the same apply ?

What is your claim against the mortgage ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Re account number:

Dear Sir/Madam

Yours sincerely,

Problem I have is I've used a number of different credit card companies over the years to pay for different things (always use a different one to take advadtage of 0% interest over x months) and I've lost track of account numbers and whether I had PPI. Is there an online database these companies or I can get access to in order to obtain this information??

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Problem I have is I've used a number of different credit card companies over the years to pay for different things (always use a different one to take advadtage of 0% interest over x months) and I've lost track of account numbers and whether I had PPI. Is there an online database these companies or I can get access to in order to obtain this information??

Get your credit record from Experian and it will show what credit cards you've had over the last few years.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats where i got all the templates from, quoted policy numbers etc but cant get them to reply to me, as i still bank with them I'm seriously thinking of changing banks.

If you want I will do this for you as your " Financial Advisor " and will not charge anything for my work or take any of the refund. All I would ask is that you make a donation to the REMF. PM me if you want me to. This applies to everyone else as well. I did the same on behalf of my ex wife and got her £ 5k back.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Originally Posted by Programme_Seller
Thats where i got all the templates from, quoted policy numbers etc but cant get them to reply to me, as i still bank with them I'm seriously thinking of changing banks.

If you want I will do this for you as your " Financial Advisor " and will not charge anything for my work or take any of the refund. All I would ask is that you make a donation to the REMF. PM me if you want me to. This applies to everyone else as well. I did the same on behalf of my ex wife and got her £ 5k back.

Fair play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here