Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Liverpool Echo front page

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Take note Argus... this is how front pages ought to be done!
(I am a newspaper editor and the Echo is our opposition group, but I take my hat off to them)

Attachments

• Echo.jpg
    Echo.jpg
    599.2 KB · Views: 980

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I like the 'Pages' bit at the bottom :)

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Every single copper and paramedic who doctored their statements, along with the higher ups who made them change it, should be made accountable, whether they are still working or not

f***ing scumbags

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Every single copper and paramedic who doctored their statements, along with the higher ups who made them change it, should be made accountable, whether they are still working or not

f***ing scumbags

They were encouraged by the politicians at the time, just as they were for the miners' strike.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012

f***ing scumbags

There won't be the evidence. As if anyone that doctored a statement would have put their name against it. Those in charge at the time would be accountable, but the people who actually did it, chance of finding them would be slim I would have thought? I don't think back in those days the record keeping and audit trail is the same as today.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They were encouraged by the politicians at the time, just as they were for the miners' strike.
Got any links to what happened there? I don't remember news of doctored statements like we've had this week.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
There won't be the evidence. As if anyone that doctored a statement would have put their name against it. Those in charge at the time would be accountable, but the people who actually did it, chance of finding them would be slim I would have thought? I don't think back in those days the record keeping and audit trail is the same as today.

Lots of backstabbing then?

Hopefully the higher ups will get shot down, wouldn't even throw them in prison, just get them to have a sit down face to face with every single person who lost someone

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Going to be a bit pedantic here....but it must be one of the easiest front pages to make 'interesting' in the history of local papers.

I'm sure The Argus could do just as poignent a front page if (god forbid) a disaster were to happen here...

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Going to be a bit pedantic here....but it must be one of the easiest front pages to make 'interesting' in the history of local papers.

I'm sure The Argus could do just as poignent a front page if (god forbid) a disaster were to happen here...

Doesn't always work that way... was at the Newcastle Chronicle (one of the largest circulating evening papers in the UK) on 11 September 2001 and they f***ed up big time with a fold out front and back with the horrendous headline AMERICA EXPLODES... it was truly awful
Then again, I was in the newsroom at The Scotsman on 13 March 1996 - the day of the Dunblane Massacre. While most Scottish papers did an ok front the next day with class pictures of the kids and teacher that were killed there was nothing stunning. But Jim Seaton, editor of the Scotsman got a picture of 16 red roses laid outside the school and ran that across the front page with a heart rending comment directly underneath. It was an amazing front.
Guess what I am trying to say, is it is always in the hands of an editor and his or her subs.
PS I am responsible for some truly cack front pages over the years!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

f***ing scumbags

to be fair, you'd expect a Paramedic to doctor his statement:)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

The Argus would probably give it the lower right corner whilst running their main story about Mavis Saggytits' pussy being stuck in a tree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here