Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that annoy you on TV

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A couple of things which are on the rise and really infuriating.

Firstly when you watch a programme and they spend the first 3-4 minutes showing you what you're about to watch, thus taking any surprise element out of it.

Secondly when they come back from a break and spend the first few minutes reminding us what has happened so far, as if you can't remember as far back as 5 minutes ago.

Thirdly Family Fortunes, a classic gameshow which has been doubled in time and has the abhorrant Vernon Kay presenting celebrities winning prizes and generally pissing themselves at everything he utters.

:rant:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Alex Jones
The entire cast of Loose Women
Ladbrokes adverts
Every single person on ITV's football coverage

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Almost everything but especially Eastenders, Paddy 'No likey, no lighty' McGuiness, the terribly obvious scripting on The X Factor ('One or two members of Take That couldn't sing' 'NO U!!!!' etc etc), Tulisa NDubz and the fact that the last two Doctor Who episodes were more than a little disappointing :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Generally I find I just don't watch things that annoy me. The thing that annoys me that I can't really just turn over from is the commentary and "expert" analysis of football matches. I've taken to listening to music or podcasts while watching games now though, so usually avoid it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Those bloody Co-Op adverts where they try to rhyme "food" with "good", by saying it in a vague Scottish brogue. The word food does NOT rhyme with the word good. Winds me up.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The horribly smarmy pair on 'Homes under the Hammer':angry:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The fact that I have a thousand channels and there's shit on pretty much all of them. (except the sports ones and Dave)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Any programme on Virgin that you wait ages for it to start then within four fecking minutes it goes to a four minute advert.Dont think you can change channels because they have all gone to fecking adverts!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
Those bloody Co-Op adverts where they try to rhyme "food" with "good", by saying it in a vague Scottish brogue. The word food does NOT rhyme with the word good. Winds me up.
I know what you mean.....it annoys me too. Is the accent Scottish or some other dialect?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The fact that I have a thousand channels and there's shit on pretty much all of them. (except the sports ones and Dave)

I find myself watching Fawlty Towers for the thousandth time because there is bugger all on my thousand channels!!! Although CSI is not bad:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here