Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unforgettable Names

el punal

It's Friday, there's no Albion game tomorrow and I'm bored so I thought I would post this:

Having, up to recently, worked as a postman for Royal Mail was that one of the "perks" of the job was to have a good chuckle at the weird and wonderful names and addresses on the letters.

Here are a few examples:
Miss Ophelia Balls. Mr.Titt, who lived next door to Mr.Cock. A Francis Drake who really did live in Plymouth. And, my favourite, Dick Pounder!

For those of you living in East Sussex, please tell me that there isn't a Bell End Industrial Estate in Uckfield.

On the same theme, some years back I worked in the drinks industry.My job at the time was to arrange tastings in supermarket stores and then confirm all details with the relevant store.
One particular store was in Cradley Heath in the West Midlands. When I phoned to establish the manager's name I spoke to someone with a really thick Black Country accent. So I found it very difficult to understand what the hell he was saying. Three times I had to ask him to ensure that I'd heard it correctly.

Anyway, a letter of confirmation was sent to the store marked for the attention of : Miss Manly Cock.
I later found out that it should have read Miss Mandy Cook! Oh well. :rolleyes:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I really, really, really used to deal with a guy called Mike Hunt. He insisted on being called Mike, so you couldn't try asking for Michael Hunt. He was a brand manager for a international car dealer franchise network.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Used to deal with an American product manager called "Dwayne Pipe" went to college with a Wendy Wilkins.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Apparently there was a NANCY BOYS born in Brighton in 1842.

Well would you ever'?

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Mick Fuller married Fanny Smith, because he wanted to make her Fanny Fuller :ohmy: Bless!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There was a girl at Sun Alliance called Gaynor Hardon

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I went to school with a Lorraine Garlick, a Wallis Hogsflesh and a mate of mine ,David Head , had a brother called Richard!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I remember there was a footballer called Fucks. Can't recall his first name but when he was transferred there was a headline along the lines of 'Andreas Fucks Off To River Plate.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here