Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where Will We Finish The Season (League Position) 2012/2013?

BHA Final Predicted League Position - Season 2012/2013

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There is a thread exactly the same as this about 5 threads down.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
1st. Champions. We've had our sticky spell in the first two games, that was then, this is now. :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sticking with 6th.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
2/1 for a top 6 finish on BetVictor :thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
1st- everything is falling into place and events are happening that will make it all just "click".....you will see

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Played well against Hull, no result.
Matched by Cardiff, who sometimes looked like the home side. Draw fair result.
Forget the Barnsley game, they weren't great even before their first 11 got injured.
The better side against Burnley, and a couple of great strikes by CMS sealed a deserved win.

We basically haven't done anything yet.

Meanwhile their are some other great sides in this division, having spent far far more than us. As usual, fans getting ahead of themselves. We'll do well to get in the top 6.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I thought 10th before the season started, but with the signings we've made I feel we're in for the playoffs, so 6th. (I would rather be pleasantly surprised by better than to hope for too much!).

This is the toughest I've ever seen the 2nd tier with some big clubs and serious spending - if we do well, it'll be a fantastic achievement by all concerned
:albion2:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I thought 10th before the season started, but with the signings we've made I feel we're in for the playoffs, so 6th. (I would rather be pleasantly surprised by better than to hope for too much!).

This is the toughest I've ever seen the 2nd tier with some big clubs and serious spending - if we do well, it'll be a fantastic achievement by all concerned
:albion2:

Spending will take you to a point and yes spend big expect results,but so so so many factors come into play..........is my £1500 bottle of wine better than your £8000 bottle?

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
I think that we will make the play offs this year (I voted 4th for the record).

Played well against Hull, no result.
Matched by Cardiff, who sometimes looked like the home side. Draw fair result.
Forget the Barnsley game, they weren't great even before their first 11 got injured.
The better side against Burnley, and a couple of great strikes by CMS sealed a deserved win.

This is is good analysis, and really reflective of our season last year, good against sides that would be in the bottom half of the division, generally drawing with the top half at home and struggling against them away.

In other words the signing before deadline day meant we were on for a similar finish to last year (we had strengthened but I also think the division is stronger than last year).

We had a very good deadline day in my opinion and this will improve us further. So I would hope/expect better.

I think it will be a while before we can make a reliable judgement though.

Looking at out next 4 fixtures in September
H Sheffield Wed
A Watford
A Milwall
H Birmingham

These are against teams that will probably not figure in the top 8 (I think Birmingham are in all sorts of financial trouble and I am not sure about Clark's ability to manage with limited resources...). Therefore we have a good chance of maintaining of improving our league position.

October looks tougher however.
H Ipswich Town
A Derby County
H Middlesbrough
A Leicester City
A Blackpool

Probably 2 mid table sides (Ipswich and Derby) with the other 3 in or around the top 8 (perhaps borough' are more mid table).

In other words I am not sure that we will have played a fair sample of teams until the end of October.

I am optimistic but there is too little evidence to really asses our prospects for a while yet.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
1st, I'm hoping that this is also what I said last month otherwise I look deluded... None of the teams that I thought would be challenging for promotion look overly dominant so we have as good a chance as anyone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here