Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official Match Thread - Burnley vs Brighton - Turf Moor - 3PM ****

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Made on the way to Burnley !!! 2 significant wins when I've made these so far so I should do it again.

So, can we actually score an away goal and possibly win an away game ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Let's hope so, just about to leave for the 07:15 train from Shoreham

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
On it already, on the 10.30 out of Euston to Preston but have to go up to Watford first - suspect a good few will be going on this too.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
they will all be busting a gut to win to hold up the appearance from the new gang of four
Burnley 0 Albion 2
Barnes and Barnes

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This tread was started way too late. The barnsley one was started quarter past midnight and look how that worked out. We're doomed! Doomed I say!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Referee: EDDIE ILDERTON
Assistants: Matthew Bristow and Jonathan Hunt
Fourth Official: Jeremy Simpson

League Matches at Burnley
Brighton wins - 2
Burnley wins - 5
Draws - 3
Brighton goals - 8
Burnley goals - 17

League Results (all time)
English League Championship

06.04.2012 Burnley 1-0 Brighton
24.09.2005 Burnley 1-1 Brighton
16.04.2005 Burnley 1-1 Brighton
English Division One
10.08.2002 Burnley 1-3 Brighton
English Division Two
21.10.1995 Burnley 3-0 Brighton
14.09.1993 Burnley 3-0 Brighton
10.04.1993 Burnley 1-3 Brighton
English Division Two (old)
21.10.1978 Burnley 3-0 Brighton
17.09.1977 Burnley 0-0 Brighton
21.04.1973 Burnley 3-0 Brighton

Last Season
Attendance: 13,516
Burnley 1-0 Brighton
Possession: 43% - 57%
Shots on: 8 - 9
Shots off: 9 - 9
Corners: 6 - 6
Fouls: 12 - 5
Yellows: 5 - 2
Reds: 0 - 0
Scorer: Austin (23)

Head-to-head
• Burnley did the double over Brighton last season, and are unbeaten in seven league games against them (W3, D4).
• Neither side has scored more than a single goal in any of the last six meetings.
• The Seagulls are vying for only their third league maximum at Turf Moor, and their first since a 3-1 triumph in August 2002.
Burnley
• In danger of tumbling to three successive league defeats for the first time since 3 March.
• Won only four of their last 18 outings in the Championship.
• If selected, Brian Stock will be making his 400th club career appearance.
Brighton
• Having got their season up and running with a 5-1 home win over Barnsley last Saturday, the Seagulls are now searching for a first away win in nine Championship outtings, since a 2-1 triumph over Leeds at Elland Road on 11 February.
• They need to score three times to take their total of away league goals to 2,000, while a share of the spoils would provide them with their 500th draw in league football away from home.
• Mounted the most goal attempts in the Championship this season (45).

Last edited:

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Just eating an egg and bacon sandwich, still a couple of hours before I need to head out the door for Burnley. It's a bit grey up here at the moment and doubt it will get better as I start heading west. I reckon we will win by 2, either 0-2 or 1-3

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just eating an egg and bacon sandwich, still a couple of hours before I need to head out the door for Burnley. It's a bit grey up here at the moment and doubt it will get better as I start heading west. I reckon we will win by 2, either 0-2 or 1-3

Ever added a slice of fried bread to a bacon and egg sandwich? It's magical, but of course unhealthy and should only be done once in a while. Well, it probably shouldn't ever be done, but once in a while we should all try living on the edge...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ever added a slice of fried bread to a bacon and egg sandwich? It's magical, but of course unhealthy and should only be done once in a while. Well, it probably shouldn't ever be done, but once in a while we should all try living on the edge...

Christ that sounds good. might have to pop to sainsburys now.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand

I like that Stat, long may it continue.... Come on the Albion, three points on your travels today would be just lovely.

Safe journey to those who are going. I'll be listening on the radio.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I like that Stat, long may it continue.... Come on the Albion, three points on your travels today would be just lovely.

Safe journey to those who are going. I'll be listening on the radio.

Ironically, we scored five goals in our game with the fewest shots: 18 v hull, 16 v cardiff, 11 v Barnsley.

(Having said that, I don't think goals are included in most shots tallies, so, adding the 5 goals would give us 16 v barnsley which undermines that irony)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Will Gus stay in the dugout? Eddie Ilderton sent him off against Donny last season, and Burnley is where he left early of his own accord.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here