Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone to Cardiff - ** Confirmed **

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city/cardiff-city-fc/2012/08/29/91466-31723132/?

Wideman Noone had been the subject of a bid from the Bluebirds in January only for the Seagulls to hold onto to the 24-year-old.

But Mackay has returned to land his man as he looks to put the finishing touches to his impressive squad-building.

Noone is understood to have undergone a medical on Wednesday afternoon after a fee was agreed between the Championship rivals and is likely to go straight into contention for Cardiff's clash with Wolves on Sunday once the deal is completed.

Mackay had tabled bids of up to £1m to try and sign the Liverpool-born ace eight months ago only to see Brighton boss Gus Poyet cling onto the former roofer's services.

But with Cardiff keen to add to their numbers before the transfer window shuts on Friday, Mackay was determined to ensure he succeeded second time around as he looks to utilise Noone's pace from wide in his new-look City side.

Read More Brighton winger Craig Noone set to sign for Cardiff City - Cardiff City News - Cardiff City - Football - WalesOnline

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Seeing as we denied bids for 1.5m ish wasn't it? If they really have agreed a bid then it will be good money for him...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Great news! Nooney is a legend but for £1.5m + we can sign someone of much higher quality

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If we get 1.5 million for him, let him go. (Although he has had a good start to the season) With KLL, Buckley and Vicente we have enough options out wide.

Add that to the 1.5 million for Hall, bung in an extra million, and sign Lambert. Easy. Promotion assured!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I thought he played well on Saturday but the chat round us was that we'd missed out by not taking the £1.5m from Cardiff last time. So if he does go for similar money I'll be wishing him well, thanking him for being such a nice lad and for entertaining us - but won't be too sad. We have enough cover wide.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Likely to be a million eh. I'd accept such a profit if we brought in Orlandi and put the rest of the funds into that urgently needed goalscoring heffalump up front.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Who made up the fee for Grant Hall?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Snap their hands off for 1.5m!

Hopefully would mean someone else coming in though. I thought there interest may have been reduced following his lacklustre start to the season.

Cardiff have already spent more than anyone else in the league in transfers and spunking 35k a week on Bellamy so I would imagine its promotion or bust for them.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We better be getting someone in instead. Lualua and Buckley are just injury prone.

I would love to sign that little winger from Derby. Name escapes me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I like Noone, I wouldn't want him to go to a promotion rival.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here