Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long from mortgage valuation to mortgage offer??

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
Hi all,

Valuation was done on the 9th august and approved, by post on the 11th, no offer yet? Any ideas how long it can take, it's a btl if that matters

Many thanks

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Shouldn't still be in the dark. Ring and find out what's going on.
Better still, go to a free IFA (pm me if you want to use my guys and I'll put you in touch) and they'll get you the best deal they can from a very broad range of offers.
They push things along dealing with the lender personally and they keep you updated with the progress.
The sooner it all goes through, the quicker they get paid by the mortgage company so it's in everyone's interest to get things sorted.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I had this. It turned out that the mortgage I had chosen was "so popular" that there was a backlog in processing them. Once the offer had been made it was all sorted in a matter of days.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I had the same thing as cloud, the offer was a popular one by a smallish building society and so took 10 days to process.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I used to be Mortgage Manager and I suspect the delay will be nowt to do with the valuation. Chase them up and ask - I am betting there's a hold up with a reply from a reference from previous lender or your employer.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is it with The Mortgage Works or Accord ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here