Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the seriously bestest and smartest place to lunch midweek in B&H?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Drakes Hotel is a very classy place with good food.

Other alternatives include terre a terre, ginger dog, riddle and finn, chilli pickle.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hotel du Vin seems to be popular but while it look nice and indeed serves some good food I'm convinced there must be better places. Hptel Du Vin strikes me as frequented by people with little imagination and need their "taste" handed to them on a plate. Hope that helps.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bankers is potentially the greatest eatery the world has ever seen. And it's Bankers Restaurant...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Havana Spoon on Church Road does look the business, very elegant and classy interior.

http://www.havanaspoon.com/#

Not been but I have heard nothing but style over substance reports from this place. If you're a footballer wanting to impress a blonde vacuous dolly-bird then this is the place....otherwise forget it.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If it's during term-time then book a table in the East stand Brasserie. You get quality food and it's very cheap, only thing is you have to book in advance

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Drakes Hotel is a very classy place with good food.

Other alternatives include terre a terre, ginger dog, riddle and finn, chilli pickle.

Any of the "Ginger" restaurants are a safe bet. The Gingerman is in Brighton and rather excellent The Ginger Pig is in Hove.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Hotel du Vin seems to be popular but while it look nice and indeed serves some good food I'm convinced there must be better places. Hptel Du Vin strikes me as frequented by people with little imagination and need their "taste" handed to them on a plate. Hope that helps.

a common theme amongst many restaurants to be fair.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
If it's during term-time then book a table in the East stand Brasserie. You get quality food and it's very cheap, only thing is you have to book in advance

I was very under underwhelmed by the quality of food in the East stand brasserie, especially for the price (too high). that was on a match day, so maybe the increased volume played a part.

I'd be interested to know if it is all agency or if it had consistent/permanent chefs. I'm expecting the former.

I was very under underwhelmed by the quality of food in the East stand brasserie, especially for the price (too high). that was on a match day, so maybe the increased volume played a part.

I'd be interested to know if it is all agency or if it had consistent/permanent chefs. I'm expecting the former.
I believe that the weekday lunchtime deal at the East Stand Brasserie is food prepared and served by catering students from City College. By all accounts ... excellent food and very good value.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here