Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop riding mobility scooters around supermarkets!!!!

Dktr Faustus

Feb 14, 2012
Worthing
Surely this should be banned, it's potentially lethal. Pretty much every day shoppers are backed up and forced in to dangerous manouvers to reach the baked beans or cans of lager. Fair enough before sunrise and after dark when the shops are less busy but I'm seriously thinking about campaigning to stop it happening during daylight hours. Only a matter of time before someone gets badly hurt!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ooh very much this. and on the street they should be speed restricted (until im old enough to need one).

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Then you are a prize prat, with little or no understanding of disability. I don't need you or anyone else to tell me when and where I can go shopping.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think it's the walking shoppers they should ban.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
On a mildly related note (nice parody by the way), I saw a guy coming out of the Amex on Tuesday night on a mobility scooter and he just seemed so happy and content to potter along. It brought a smile to my face and weirdly made me long for old age. I might need people to help me day to day, but at least I'll have a mobility scooter.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
forget disability scooters, disabled people need to shop too! Rather, stop silly idiots leaving their trolleys in the middle of an aisle as they go for a mosey around nearby aisles. Take your trolley with you!

also people who try to reserve checkouts. Last saturday I had a lady who stood by the checkout to make she nobody else could use it. She was peering down the aisles waiting for someone, with one hand on my checkout. Needless to say, someone plonked their basket on it, and I served them, and the reservee got the hump, glared at me, and disappeared.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
This one will be 10+ pages, at least 2 infractions, possible banning, time to get the kettle on and pull up a chair methinks.........good old Thursday afternoon viewing....can't beat it :lol:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Having worked in a supermarket I have on more than one occasion been reversed into by a mobility scooter. It is very painful.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There should be a test and a licence requirement for those things

Dktr Faustus

Feb 14, 2012
Worthing
I'm even seeing ads for bloody mobility scooters now when I read this thread. I'm currently a cycling menace (apparentyl) but secretly can't wait until I get a scooter!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
when I am bad enough to get one you bastards had better watch out I am having blades put on the wheels roman style

ha ha then you will need them and it will be a level playing field

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
That's the spirit Glas!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here