Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop Cycling up Ditchling Beacon!!!!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Surely this should be banned, it's potentially lethal. Pretty much every weekend cars are backed up and forced in to dangerous overtakes. Fair enough for the London to Brighton but I'm seriously thinking about campaigning to stop it happening all year round. Only s matter of time before someone gets badly hurt!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I appreciate it's frustrating, but nobody is "forced" into a dangerous overtake, are they...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Surely this should be banned, it's potentially lethal. Pretty much every weekend cars are backed up and forced in to dangerous overtakes. Fair enough for the London to Brighton but I'm seriously thinking about campaigning to stop it happening all year round. Only s matter of time before someone gets badly hurt!

You what? You don't HAVE to overtake in a dangerous situation. Cycling up Ditchling Beacon is one of the big challenges in Sussex, perhaps they should ban CARS.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I would have thought stopping traffic going up there would be more fitting for a proper AONB.

D

Deleted member 18477

They're cocks. And it's because of them I don't drive up their anymore.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Cyclists are f**king vermin.

They don't even understand the give way signs on their stupid cycle lanes.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Stop driving up Ditchling Beacon!!!!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
That whole section of road is horrible when there is a bike on the road.

Once I got past a couple of cyclists on Tuesday I got stuck behind a huge tractor that took up one and half lanes and was crawling along all the way to Coldean Lane.

It's part of the reason I didn't get to my seat for the Cardiff game until the 20th minute

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Best ban everything stay indoors - it's dangerous out there.

Fantastic measured response. Its for the bloody cyclists safety as well! Why don't they save up all the money they save on road tax to build their own little path?! That way everyone is happy...

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Last week I tried to bounce up there on my Spacehopper, bloody bikes and cars both getting in my way. Grrr!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Fantastic measured response. Its for the bloody cyclists safety as well! Why don't they save up all the money they save on road tax to build their own little path?! That way everyone is happy...

I'm not sure you're aware but there is a road called the A23 you can use instead, or are you going to campaign for them to remove traffic from that route because it gets in your way?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
And we're off.

Yes, ban cyclists from enjoying the fresh air and let the cars pollute away. Good thinking batman.

Batman wants to ban cyclists? And they said the Joker was bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here