Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome to Albion Star youth FC (Belfast)

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
I would just like to welcome Albion Youth FC to the NSC Greyhound syndicate thread.
Some of you guys out in Ireland maybe wondering how did you get mixed up with a greyhound syndicate that has a massive interest in football, well guys you have our friend and treasurer Nigel to thank for that, he stumbled across your website a few weeks back and the rest is history, so we would like to welcome you all and we look forward to a great bond between the 2 interests.
A little background for you on our beloved Albion Star, she is a Brindle bitch, weighing around 29kg, her name before we owned her was Starcroft, her kennel name is Lara, her father was Shelbourne Aston which won the Irish derby and Irish champion stakes in 2008, her mother is Shelbourne Star who was Irish marathon dog of the year 2003, Lara was born in August 2009 and celebrated her birthday this week, she is a wide runner and runs very much like her dad did, waiting until the very last minute to make a challenge, this makes her a very exciting dog to watch and too own, Lara is a very stubborn dog, whover she is kenneled with has to do as they are told, she loves to see the syndicate members when they visit her on a Sunday, especially if we take treats for her, her favourite being magnum ice cream (but don't tell Jason the trainer).
I know Nigel has arranged some pictures for you and we will arrange to burn some of Laras races onto disc for you all to see.
We would like to wish all your teams good luck for the coming season, we are looking forward to watching your results throughout the season.

Up the Albion!!

Mark.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
LARA4.jpg

Here she is, in a picture from about a year ago.

One ALBION STAR,
There's only one ALBION STAR

err make that two...

and I hadn't realised the great Irish heritage she has, making her an even more appropriate potential sponsor for the young Irish footballers.

(BTW don't mention Norman Whiteside to Albion fans)

Albionstaryouthfc

Sep 22, 2012
Belfast
I recieved the cheque use guys sent today and on behalf off the club we would really like to thank you I got one off the players to present the cheque to the chairman I took a phot but unfortunately it won't upload but il will be posting posting a photo off are shirt with the new sponsor shortly thanks a lot guys its good to know that we have a fan base in Brighton and as we say we are albion star!!!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I recieved the cheque use guys sent today and on behalf off the club we would really like to thank you I got one off the players to present the cheque to the chairman I took a phot but unfortunately it won't upload but il will be posting posting a photo off are shirt with the new sponsor shortly thanks a lot guys its good to know that we have a fan base in Brighton and as we say we are albion star!!!

I think you need to have made 20 posts on here before it let's you upload a photo. Try again after 20 posts. Would love to see the lads in their new kit!

Albionstaryouthfc

Sep 22, 2012
Belfast
o right will do still getting the hang of the website lol.
Albion Star's Results 14th october 2012
Under8's won 20-12 doylebig derby for us great result everyone over the moon the other under 8's got beat 14-20 by the other doyle team:(
under9's got beat 7-1 by north belfast united but apparently albion should off won just a few mistakes
under10's got beat 4-3 really tight game albion where unlucky just first time they have been beat from september 2011
under11''s won 7-2 great performance could off scored more

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
under 8's playing rugby insted of football Sean?, I've heard North Belfast are a top team so well done guys for giving a great display.

We are Albion Star!!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
"got beat 7-1 by north belfast united but apparently albion should off won just a few mistakes"

This is great. I reckon you could search NSC and find similar comments by someone after we got dicked at Huddersfield three years ago

Bloody ref sending Kuipers off, or El Abd just made a few howlers (remember those days)

Albionstaryouthfc

Sep 22, 2012
Belfast
Under 8's play 5 a side where the ball doesn't go out so there is always loads off goals and north Belfast are a good side but we are capable off beating them how do u know them mate

We are albion star !!

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Under 8's play 5 a side where the ball doesn't go out so there is always loads off goals and north Belfast are a good side but we are capable off beating them how do u know them mate

We are albion star !!

I don't know them mate, just said it for the boys make them feel they did a good job even though they lost.

Albionstaryouthfc

Sep 22, 2012
Belfast
great news all round this week some great football on display
under 11's won 5-0 against st oliver plunkett back to normal
under 10's beat 2-5 crusaders deciamted with injuries
under9's won 4-2 crusaders they where really briliant
under 8's won 18-8 glentoran where on top form
under 8's won 17-10 sydenham united

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here