Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF not on Virgin Giving?

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
I will be running the Plymouth 10k in November and I would like to run it for 2 charities equally, one of which is REMF. Justgiving does not allow this option, and the only place I can find that does is Virgin Giving. REMF is not on there though so I cannot. Is this an active choice from the fund or has it merely been overlooked? If it has been overlooked, could REMF be added there?

Virgin Money Giving | Charity fundraising, sponsorship and donations online | Quick, easy and not-for-profit

If that's not a possibility, are there any other such services that REMF IS on already that allows split donations between two charities? If not I will have to use justgiving and allow my donators to split, but I worry that REMF will get less if I do that being a smaller charity that people in Devon may not really be that aware of.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will be running the Plymouth 10k in November and I would like to run it for 2 charities equally, one of which is REMF. Justgiving does not allow this option, and the only place I can find that does is Virgin Giving. REMF is not on there though so I cannot. Is this an active choice from the fund or has it merely been overlooked? If it has been overlooked, could REMF be added there?

Virgin Money Giving | Charity fundraising, sponsorship and donations online | Quick, easy and not-for-profit

If that's not a possibility, are there any other such services that REMF IS on already that allows split donations between two charities? If not I will have to use justgiving and allow my donators to split, but I worry that REMF will get less if I do that being a smaller charity that people in Devon may not really be that aware of.

I will look into this.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will confirm the position next week. Thanks.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have registered with Virgin Giving but there is a £ 120 fee to set up the account and I will have to get this authorised by the family and directors of the fund first.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
That's brilliant. I'll keep an eye out for it appearing there and I'll try my best to raise more than it's cost to register there! (I don't have that many people to ask if truth be told so I can't make any promised but I'll be trying my damnedest)

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
REMF still isn't there and I really do need to start collecting sponsorship this week. Is there any chance that it will appear in the next few days or should I just give up for now and go with Justgiving and hope for the best?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well done on the money raised for the REMF and your effort.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Did the Virgin thing ever get done? Just interested as it seems a fantastic way of getting more money to the REMF

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Did the Virgin thing ever get done? Just interested as it seems a fantastic way of getting more money to the REMF

I assume the answer to this is no given the lack of response. I think my next run will have to be for other charities as justgiving is very difficult to keep a balance between multiple charities on and I had a few people complain that it was too confusing for them. I really would recommend taking another look at Virgin giving, there's a lot of positives to being on there from the looks of it. They do require up front money I see but it looks like they don't take a cut like JG do if I understood it correctly?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here