Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10th if we are lucky this season

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Absolute total and complete dross tonight.

Awful defending. Zero end product.

Totally out played and outclassed by a very slick looking Swindon team.

All my hope for the season has faded away.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So on the strength of 90 minutes against Swindon in the League Cup we're going to finish "10th if we are lucky this season".

If this isn't fishing then I genuinely feel sorry for you.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I think on tonights showing we should be looking to stay up, nothing more. Barnes is utter shit. Add Dicker and Harley to that too.

Gus has NO idea what to do when we go 0-1 down.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Outplayed and outclassed??
They hit us on the counter three times. They did it very well, and defended well, but they didn't outplay or outclass us.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton

Oh do f*** off...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think on tonights showing we should be looking to stay up, nothing more. Barnes is utter shit. Add Dicker and Harley to that too.

Ye well we know what u think with your other thread asking whether he should stay ....geez

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Gus focuses to much on defending and forgets we need to score goals to win matches,to slow getting forward,to many players to deep etc etc,how can we gun for promotion with our weak depleted strikeforce,we kick off saturday as it stands with one striker available and that striker is normally on the right wing at times or tucked behind someone,the weakest frontline in the league at the moment.

Need another big midfielder who can go forwards rather than back all the time,also maybe two quality strikers.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We were not 'completely outplayed and outclassed'. Until they scored we were clearly the better side. Unfortunately once they got one they ran as ragged and worringly we were unable to respond. Hopefully it will be the kick up the backside we need - maybe after beating Chelsea they thought they just had to turn up to win. If we're going to have a terrible result this season, then at least we've got it out of the way. To predict how we're going to do for the entire rest of the year based on a poor 45 minutes is beyond ridiculous. I can't see Noone, Harley and Dicker getting many starts this season, for one thing.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We were not 'completely outplayed and outclassed'. Until they scored we were clearly the better side. Unfortunately once they got one they ran as ragged and worringly we were unable to respond. Hopefully it will be the kick up the backside we need - maybe after beating Chelsea they thought they just had to turn up to win. If we're going to have a terrible result this season, then at least we've got it out of the way. To predict how we're going to do for the entire rest of the year based on a poor 45 minutes is beyond ridiculous. I can't see Noone, Harley and Dicker getting many starts this season, for one thing.
It's pointless being comfortable on the ball if you don't do anything with it,just seems like we never have enough players forward when needed.Our style of football is to backwards and it must change as its to easy for the opposition to suss out.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

I have a feeling you weren't saying that when we played Chelsea the other Saturday !!!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I am genuinely amazed at some of the responses here. Were you lot watching the same game as me?

At times I am overly enthusiastic about the Albion and I genuinely thought we were good promotion candidates this year. I even had a bet on it last week.

After watching tonight's game I now believe we will be lucky to get 10th. Half of the games are away from home (where we were poor last season) and by the looks of tonight will be again.

Granted we were missing some players but our replacements for those players are far from good enough.

Tonight was a snapshot of how badly things can go, and anybody who doesn't think that really does have their head firmly buried in the sand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here