Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Olympic Closing Ceremony - The Official Thread***

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
2 hours until what will hopefully be a spectacular and worthy close to two of the greatest weeks of sport I can remember, especially from a Team GB perspective.

To think, a little over two weeks ago we were mixing up Korean flags and having Mitt Romney question our readiness to host "The Greatest Show On Earth"....by whatever criteria you judge it, I'd say we've done bloody brilliantly.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
It's been a phenomenal couple of weeks. British crowds have established themselves as the best in the world and team GB have been fantastic. But behind all that were the people working hard to make sure everything ran smoothly and they have to be commended.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
But behind all that were the people working hard to make sure everything ran smoothly and they have to be commended.

Absolutely.

I went up there for a day during the first week and cannot speak highly enough of the volunteers, soldiers and everyone else doing their bit to make sure everyone had a fantastic time and everything was in the right spirit.

From top to bottom and start to finish they have done themselves and the country proud.

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
I am sure it will be amazing. Shame my girlfriend is never in a million years let me watch it. I had to beg to watch Mo... BEG! Maybe i'll start a new thread "How to get your girlfriend to like sport" and see what byf1 comes up with.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand

Guys........just remember ...He is the greatest songwriter of all time . He and Ringo are now ...The Beatles....the greatest band of all time . He is part of our musical heritage. Which is what tonight is all about..... Go and make a cup of tea when he comes on, if you dont like him.
Hes still a million times better than any rap shite ...and ok..if the voice isnt what it was ? Does it really matter on a night like tonight ?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Confirmed for closing ceremony Emile Sande, Madness, Pet Shop Boys, 1D, Ray Davies, Elbow, George Michael, Kaiser Chiefs, Annie Lennox, Ed Sheeran, Nick Mason, Richard Jones, Mike Rutherford, Russell Brand, Fatboy Slim, Jessie J, Tinie Tempah, Taio Cruz, Spice Girls, Beady Eye (Liam Gallagher), Eric Idle, Muse, Queen and The Who. Take That are believed to be playing but not confirmed

From Dan Wootton on Twitter

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I am sure it will be amazing. Shame my girlfriend is never in a million years let me watch it. I had to beg to watch Mo... BEG! Maybe i'll start a new thread "How to get your girlfriend to like sport" and see what byf1 comes up with.

1. Man up.
2. It's unpatriotic to not watch it.
3. Get another television of your own.
4. Get another girlfriend.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Confirmed for closing ceremony Emile Sande, Madness, Pet Shop Boys, 1D, Ray Davies, Elbow, George Michael, Kaiser Chiefs, Annie Lennox, Ed Sheeran, Nick Mason, Richard Jones, Mike Rutherford, Russell Brand, Fatboy Slim, Jessie J, Tinie Tempah, Taio Cruz, Spice Girls, Beady Eye (Liam Gallagher), Eric Idle, Muse, Queen and The Who. Take That are believed to be playing but not confirmed

From Dan Wootton on Twitter

That is some line up.

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
1. Man up.
2. It's unpatriotic to not watch it.
3. Get another television of your own.
4. Get another girlfriend.

To answer in order.

1. I could try, but it wouldn't be worth the black eye.
2. I don't think its unpatriotic to not watch it.
3. The chances of me finding another television in the short amount of time, wiring it up and paying for it just to watch the closing ceremony is not realistic.
4. See answer to 1.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Guys........just remember ...He is the greatest songwriter of all time . He and Ringo are now ...The Beatles....the greatest band of all time . He is part of our musical heritage. Which is what tonight is all about..... Go and make a cup of tea when he comes on, if you dont like him.
Hes still a million times better than any rap shite ...and ok..if the voice isnt what it was ? Does it really matter on a night like tonight ?

Ok point taken - I'll volunteer to make the tea if I see him on the screen x

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
To answer in order.

3. The chances of me finding another television in the short amount of time, wiring it up and paying for it just to watch the closing ceremony is not realistic.
4. See answer to 1.

The phrase "under the thumb" leaps to mind.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
BBC1 have an hour and a half of Olympic highlights starting now, should be worth a watch. :thumbsup:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Stage getting ready in stadium

A0HjIbvCQAAcom1.jpg

Posted by @easonF1

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Yes please do-the battles i have had just to watch certain finals during the games was unbelievable..

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Seeing as the Illuminati are going to make an appearance shouldn't this thread be merged with the existing one? :p

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham

tell her she has a choice sex with you or the Closing Ceremony bet you a quid she will be reaching for the remote faster than usain bolt:lolol::thumbsup::cheery:

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
To answer in order.

4. See answer to 1.

1. Tell her it's a music concert with some references to sport thrown in and then mention whichever names from martyn20's post are likely to appeal to her and keep quiet about any she dislikes.
2. i-Player on your PC/laptop/tablet, having locked yourself in another room if necessary (make sure she doesn't have access to the router to switch it off)
3. say you're popping out to the shop then go round a mate's. Deal with the consequences later.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here