Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Secret Footballer (merged)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
to be fair hadnt read article. Since reading it is a very good read.

You just know someone will come on here spouting names etc though

surely guessing who that is isn't libel? the link it's self has people's guesses.

saying "player x is a drug cheat" is libellous, guessing who writes a column isn't saying much about them as a person.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
surely guessing who that is isn't libel? the link it's self has people's guesses.

saying "player x is a drug cheat" is libellous, guessing who writes a column isn't saying much about them as a person.

It wouldn't be libellous to guess the name of the footballer no, but it possibly could be to guess the name of the wife.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I may buy this book now after reading that Im always interested to find out what happens behind the scenes.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Having read the article, I'll probably buy the book too.

However, the article didn't flatter some of these footballers; overpaid, arrogant, immature, exaggerated sense of their own importance and entitlement and lacking any moral compass; buy it, drink it or shag it :mad:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can't not love the bloke.

A friend who was playing for England at the time told me that a property company working on the Palm project in Dubai approached David Beckham with an offer of a villa in return for an endorsement. My friend said Beckham agreed, on condition that every other member of the squad was offered a villa at cost price – about £600,000. Today those villas are worth between £3m and £7m. So far as I know, Trevor Sinclair actually lives in his now. Right place, right time. Good luck to him.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Think I might have to buy this.

Have a strong hunch who the woman in the pool was but better keep my trap shut after what's happened this morning.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No chance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think he has mentioned captaining his country, so no.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Frank Lampard?

Edit Don't think its him as he was a West Ham youth player. Gareth Barry maybe?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here