Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CLSID Scam - Anyone been phoned by these scammers?

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Are they the one's who tell you, that there is a problem with your computer, and to go to a website which will 'fix it'?

They call regularly, irritating bastards!

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Yeah I've had a few too, the most recent one I went along with it, so the fella starts telling me to press the windows button, I then managed to convince him that all but one button on my keyboard had fallen off and could only go on websites starting with Y and that I was too poor to buy another one.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Never sure of the best way to deal with them, maybe turn it into a sex line call.

Im glad you called me im touching my penis at the sound of your voice!:ohmy:
:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself

Thats a good one I might try that next time

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Im glad you called me im touching my penis at the sound of your voice!:ohmy:
Too fast, too fast, where's the foreplay? Drop the detail a good couple of minutes into the conversation. Moan for a bit, followed by 'I don't care, just keep talking, I'm nearly there' etc etc, you get the idea with that.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
I have so many of these calls I no longer answer the phn directly but wait listening to the answerphn. If it's a good call I then pick up. If not then I wait until I can dial 1471 for the callers number. If there is a number then I google it to try to find who was calling.
It's all a pain and a waste of time but gradually I've noticed I'm getting fewer calls.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I never answer my home phone, simple as that. Anyone who SHOULD be phoning me will have my mobile number.

Last edited:

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Yep I have a car I dont drive in case I get done for speeding.

I'm not sure what this actually means.

I don't answer it because I know it won't be important. It will be someone selling me new broadband, or wanting me to change gas supplier. I don't give out my home number, so anyone who calls must be selling something/on the rob!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm not sure what this actually means.

I don't answer it because I know it won't be important. It will be someone selling me new broadband, or wanting me to change gas supplier. I don't give out my home number, so anyone who calls must be selling something/on the rob!

So, why do you have a landline exactly?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Two reasons I can think off. First so he can have broadband, second maybe he uses it to call out.

Exactamundo. It's part of the broadband/tv package, and it is sometimes used to call out on (ie - numbers that would cost a lot more on the mobile. (no not those kinds of numbers))

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My dad had a lot of these calls over the last few months and he was getting more and more irate by them. So one day, he was making his dinner and pottering about in the kitchen, as you do, and he heard the phone go. In his haste to go and answer it, he dropped the pan he was about to put on the hob and ruined whatever it was he about to have. My dad is a typical grumpy old man anyway, but when things like that happen, he tends to see red. So he answers the phone already a bit miffed, and when they tell him his computer is running slowly, he went apoplectic. I genuinely feel sorry for the poor sod on the other end of the phone because he absolutely went for it even went so far as to say he hoped their entire computer network picked up a massive virus and they would all piss off and not return. He went on tell him he was a disgrace to whatever country he was calling from that he should just pack it in.

When he told him to pack it in, I couldn't handle the laughter.

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
was literally having 5 of these calls a day at one point, just tell them you have a mac, or act really dum if you got time and waste their time then tell them to f*** off at the end.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
these jerks just phoned me again...when I picked up the phone she said she was phoning in regards to my computer, I almost swore obsenities down the line but managed to just hang up instead! :censored:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here