Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kids meals

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
My son was really looking forward to his pie meal deal. We queued up for most of half time only be told that you could only get a kids meal deal with a hot dog. We went to another stand and said it could only be a burger or hot dog, because they have stopped making kids-sized pies. I told them that I have never seen kids sized-pies, and that in the East and West stand you just get a standard adult-sized pie, but they said they were under instructions not to sell pies (despite pies being on the menu boards).

I think this has not been thought out very well. As a parent I want my child to have something reasonably healthy, such as a home-made pie, rather than an artificial sausage.

Plus they no longer seem to be including Oreo biscuits, fruit or toys - just extra-long bars of chocolate, which are so big you would need to share them between two children or else have a hyper kid for the rest of the evening.

Children look forward to things such as kids boxes and can easily end up disappointed. Surely it wouldn't hurt to consult with a few parents over changes such as these. If there isn't a 'family ' representative I'd be happy to get involved.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Whoever served you was not doing as briefed, so we are very sorry for that. To clarify, children have a choice of hot dog, pie or burger. All the same size items as normal. For this season we have replaced the Oreo biscuits with a chocolate bar and a piece of fruit rather than a bag (along with a fruit shoot or bottle of water). We found that the fruit bags were not getting eaten and being thrown away. The toys are available and will be in the box as normal. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, we have spoken to our staff and made sure they are aware of the importance of these kids meals as part of the match experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here