Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Forster-Caskey

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
jfc-cardiff-640259-292133_478x359.jpg

Played 75 mins in a 2-1 defeat to Cardiff a few days ago. Pretty sure they have a friendly tonight but not sure if he's playing...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
they had a tour to Boston and played a couple of games back home - he played well against Cardiff by all accounts and is enjoying himself. There was a cracking description of an "impossible" pass he made in one game sending everyone one way and passing the other

Friend of mine who follows Luton says Kasim is "different class" on loan there

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
JFC has impressed a lot. They love his vision and the manager described him as a "proper footballer". Everyone says he plays with such maturity for his age.
The concern is when the season starts he's going to get kicked to by pieces it by a load of League Two hard nuts.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
JFC has impressed a lot. They love his vision and the manager described him as a "proper footballer". Everyone says he plays with such maturity for his age.

Seems about right

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Please tell me someone else just dropped their beer whilst watching Jake's goal on the Football League Show?
Tut. He aint scored again has he. He'll never get back in our side if he keeps scoring all these goals and getting rave reviews. (I'm presuming this was why he was bomb out of the squad in January.Can't think of any other reason) :lol:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Tut. He aint scored again has he. He'll never get back in our side if he keeps scoring all these goals and getting rave reviews. (I'm presuming this was why he was bomb out of the squad in January.Can't think of any other reason) :lol:

Ain't scored again? He's only gone and taken the ball in the box, ran outside of the area, turned on a penny, and then absolutely COCKED the ball into the opposite corner. Class.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The way I see it, personal opinion like... Gus thought Toby was head and shoulders above JFC and Kas... that is why he kept the boy in the squad. I also think that Toby is the answer to our questions regarding the natural CF, I think the lad has a long way to go in his career. What I do find baffling is we let out JFC and stick Charlie Oatway Jr on the bench... I know JFC needs playing time but I don't get it... I am totally sure GP would have a very reasonable answer to it, but I can't fathom it. And for the pedants in the audience, yes I know they play different roles.

Dec 29, 2011

Two leagues below us

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
The way I see it, personal opinion like... Gus thought Toby was head and shoulders above JFC and Kas... that is why he kept the boy in the squad. I also think that Toby is the answer to our questions regarding the natural CF, I think the lad has a long way to go in his career. What I do find baffling is we let out JFC and stick Charlie Oatway Jr on the bench... I know JFC needs playing time but I don't get it... I am totally sure GP would have a very reasonable answer to it, but I can't fathom it. And for the pedants in the audience, yes I know they play different roles.

His age is obviously against him. He's ridiculously young to be playing in the Championship. I think we're doing the right thing in keeping him on the books, but giving him a good injection of experiance. If he's the stand-out player in the league that will give him untold confidence. Especially scoring goals like he did today. Get him doing that for 2 years, and then recall him. He'll be banging them in, in any league.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
His age is obviously against him. He's ridiculously young to be playing in the Championship. I think we're doing the right thing in keeping him on the books, but giving him a good injection of experiance. If he's the stand-out player in the league that will give him untold confidence. Especially scoring goals like he did today. Get him doing that for 2 years, and then recall him. He'll be banging them in, in any league.

Don't disagree for one moment, my feet are firmly entrenched in the JFC camp. But there is no such thing as ridiculously young if you remember a certain Wayne (****) Rooney.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Don't disagree for one moment, my feet are firmly entrenched in the JFC camp. But there is no such thing as ridiculously young if you remember a certain Wayne (****) Rooney.

Good point. Although I will have to say that IF I were a manager, I wouldn't have the balls to play an 18 year old. But you're right, I'd play him over Noone, on current form.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Gus likes sicknotes Jake will never fit in neither will Toby,the 2nd division is above the capability of gus as a manager Tony must start to look for a replacement now, good players do not make good managers and gus is not the exeption, bye bye gus f*** off and manage chelsea

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Gus likes sicknotes Jake will never fit in neither will Toby,the 2nd division is above the capability of gus as a manager Tony must start to look for a replacement now, good players do not make good managers and gus is not the exeption, bye bye gus f*** off and manage chelsea
Little bit harsh, but on the whole good point well made!! :lol:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing

Definitely harsh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here