Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going rate for Estate Agent fee

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
1% but yes selling my small flat worth about 100k, most kept telling me 1% OR a minimum of 1250 / 1500 / even 2k...... I said see you later and shopped round till a decent company offered a hard 1%

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
A friend in Chepstow was given a quote of 1½% but as only enquiring didn't push it, probably would have gone lower.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Sold a £180k massionette recently and got 1.25% down from 1.50% and even playing them off against each other they wouldn't go lower.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Don't pay them anything, sell it on rightmove or something, not that I am sure how much this costs. If you do go through an estate agent, defo no more than 1%.

The last 2 houses I have sold, my wife talked me out of going through the internet and going with an estate agent, first one had 3 buyers on the first day all with full asking price. Second one went on first day to two buyers, one with full asking price, the other offered extra £5k. I may not have had this luck on the internet, as the agents have contacts of people looking but I actually think I would have done and would have saved at least £6k. I think it would have been amusing putting an A3 advert of the house in the newsagents next door to the estate agents that we used, for a tenner a week, or whatever they charge!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Lots of other things to consider other than the fee.

Tie in periods?
Upfront costs for marketing?
Sole agency ?
Opening hours?
Speed of selling?

I could go on...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
In the process of selling mine in Brighton at the mo and 1% seems to be standard.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here