Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF bet - Barnes

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
For any Barnes haters out there, would anyone like to accept my bet.

If Barnes doesn't score 17 or more goals next season, I'll donate £20 to REMF.

I think he will but would anyone like to be against me?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
1)I am not a Barnes hater.
2)Offer the bet again once the transfer window has closed.
3)Do the 17 goals have to be scored for BHA?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
1)I am not a Barnes hater.
2)Offer the bet again once the transfer window has closed.
3)Do the 17 goals have to be scored for BHA?

Who else is he gonna score them for? He won't be leaving at all :lolol:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

O yes... I will have some of that,... thats 17 for the Albion right?.... none of the goals he scores when he is shifted out on loan somewhere count ok?!

Jul 13, 2012

I'll bet you £500 he doesn't and if he doesn't then you pay the 500, deal?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
O yes... I will have some of that,... thats 17 for the Albion right?.... none of the goals he scores when he is shifted out on loan somewhere count ok?!

Barnes will be here all season. Its one of the few Albion certainties.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Barnes will be here all season. Its one of the few Albion certainties.

If this "gem" turns up, assuming he's a striker, what position will Barnes play? If he can't get in the side, will he ask for time away or a transfer? Brizzle are still keeping tabs according to my info.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A

17 goals for the Albion or more.

If he doesn't I'll donate £20, if he does then you donate £20.

A goal is a goal but it has to be for the Albion.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If this "gem" turns up, assuming he's a striker, what position will Barnes play? If he can't get in the side, will he ask for time away or a transfer? Brizzle are still keeping tabs according to my info.

Same as always, likely on the left of midfield. We still don't have anyone who plays the defensive role in that position. If the gem comes, CMS should drop out.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Same as always, likely on the left of midfield. We still don't have anyone who plays the defensive role in that position. If the gem comes, CMS should drop out.

Well seeing as Gus said he wants a player to help CMS and play alongside him I would guess that Barnes will be the one to drop out at first..... Wouldn't bet against him winning his place back but with a better defence and midfield I would expect us to play without the withdrawn slightly left sided role Ashley played.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
17 goals for the Albion or more.

If he doesn't I'll donate £20, if he does then you donate £20.

A goal is a goal but it has to be for the Albion.

That's more charity than a bet....however if you pay me £20 if he doesn't I'm happy to donate/pay you£100 if he does (1st team)

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I'm not a Barnes hater, far from it. However i think he'll struggle to go over 15 this season. He offers a lot more to the team than goals and at this level he's a good squad player. I would also like to see VICENTE on penalties this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm with the OP, with a stronger midfield Barnes will spend more time in the last third of the pitch. I have no facts to back me up but from what my eyes recall he has a pretty good goals to shot ratio and I expect him to have far more shots this season. I accept there may be a scenario where he may not be 1st choice but I think he has enough about him to get back into the team and score around the number of goals the op is suggesting.

Just grateful that the haters don't sit around me at the Amex, they'd fecking spoil my enjoyment big time :thumbsup:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm not a Barnes hater, far from it. However i think he'll struggle to go over 15 this season. He offers a lot more to the team than goals and at this level he's a good squad player. I would also like to see VICENTE on penalties this season.

I find it odd, that just one season after having the worst penalty record of all time, people want us to change penalty takers when we've finally settled on a good one.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I find it odd, that just one season after having the worst penalty record of all time, people want us to change penalty takers when we've finally settled on a good one.
Fair enough, everyone is entitled to an opinion. But why settle for a GOOD penalty taker? I think Vicente would be beteer, just my opinion.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm not in the 'hater' camp, but would be surprised if he gets that many goals given that Gus does not see him as an out and out striker.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not in the 'hater' camp, but would be surprised if he gets that many goals given that Gus does not see him as an out and out striker.

He didn't last season but he may well be more of an outlet than a workhorse this year, given a stronger midfield and defence?

Seems to me that he has a better eye for goal at this level than CMS

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I do find it rather sad, sitting amongst grown men in their 40s and 50s, in the WSU, actively jeering and booing Barnes, a 21/22 year old lad playing in the Championship. What hope does JFC and co have?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here