Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can any of our right wing friends defend this article from The Daily Hate

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2180124/Olympics-opening-ceremony-NHS-disgracefully-glorified.html

Sitting in a home somewhere while fireworks lit up the Olympics Opening Ceremony would have been the family of Kane Gorny.

They watched their cherished teenage son die of thirst at the hands of incompetent doctors and nurses.

Kane was a promising footballer with a bright future ahead of him until he was admitted to hospital. He died of thirst a couple of days later.

His life was lost for want of a simple glass of water. One glass of water that a succession of clueless medics denied him.
Kane Gorny, pictured with his mother Rita, before he died after NHS doctors and nurses failed to give him a glass of water as he died of thirst in his hospital bed

Kane Gorny, pictured with his mother Rita, before he died after NHS doctors and nurses failed to give him a glass of water as he died of thirst in his hospital bed
Part of the ceremony involved a piece by the staff and patients of the NHS, in particular, from Great Ormand Street Hospital for Children

Part of the ceremony involved a piece by the staff and patients of the NHS, in particular, from Great Ormand Street Hospital for Children

Kane even went to the extreme length of calling 999 from his hospital bed so desperate was he for a drink during his visit to hospital for a hip replacement in 2009. Yet when the police arrived, the nurses ushered them away, assuring them that the young patient was confused.

Within a day he was dead. Dead because NHS hospital staff refused to give a sick man a glass of water. We are not talking some powerful prescription drug. Just a small glass of tap water.

More...

Britain fires up the world: London gets the 2012 Games under way with the Greatest Show On Earth (rounded off by Macca, of course)
The name's Majesty, Her Majesty: Queen 'drops in' to Olympic Stadium by parachute accompanied by James Bond (just WHO managed to persuade her to do that?)
SIMON RICHARDS: An opening ceremony with style and substance
Is that appropriate? Dignitary gives questionable salute to German athletes as Boris and Camilla look on in a fit of giggles
What better way to end a great night than a sing-along? Sir Paul McCartney leads the crowd in singing The Beatles' Hey Jude

Yet none of them were able to do this. They were ‘incompetent’ and made a ‘series of basic failures’, said the coroner after an inquest earlier this month into Kane’s death.

It has been suggested that some of these people should have gone to prison for what happened. Yet, shockingly, just one nurse has been demoted as a result of Mr Gorny’s death and the rest are still working in healthcare.

How does the family of Kane – and indeed the thousands of others we have heard of and the many more we haven’t – feel when they see the NHS being shamefully glorified at the biggest sporting bonanza in the world?

Sick to the stomach, I imagine.

Yet this is exactly what happened in front of an international audience of billions who were watching the show in London yesterday evening.
Volunteer nurses perform in a sequence of the Olympics opening ceremony glorifying Britain's National Health Service (NHS)

Gratuitous: Volunteer nurses perform in a sequence at the Olympics opening ceremony glorifying Britain's National Health Service (NHS)

The letters ‘NHS’ dazzled in bright red, like some triumphant advert. All around pranced self-indulgent nurses who had volunteered to take a few days off to be part of the ceremony.

Children lay in their beds as Mary Poppins figures danced and JK Rowling read some bedtime tales.

And how long did this shameful propaganda last for? A whole 15 minutes at the top of proceedings before viewers dozed off to the procession of banana republics and far-flung destinations nobody has ever heard of or even cares for.

That such a politically divisive subject was included at all is utterly shocking. Not least because it glossed over the cracks in a system that is creaking at its seams - crying out for urgent reform.
'This left-wing multicultural equality agenda was so staged it was painful to watch'

And nobody seems to have considered the sheer hypocrisy that the majority of the athletes taking part in the Games will have access to the most expensive cutting-edge private treatment available in the world for even the slightest graze on their bodies.

The NHS segment came after a mildly moving rendition of Jerusalem (though this will move any patriot) and a play depicting the industrial revolution tearing up Blake’s ‘green and pleasant land’.

The highlight was undoubtedly an hilarious sketch featuring the Queen and James Bond which saw her Majesty ‘parachute’ into the stadium.

But it was the absurdly unrealistic scene – and indeed one that would spring from the kind of nonsensical targets and equality quotas we see in the NHS - showing a mixed-race middle-class family in a detached new-build suburban home, which was most symptomatic of the politically correct agenda in modern Britain.

This was supposed to be a representation of modern life in England but it is likely to be a challenge for the organisers to find an educated white middle-aged mother and black father living together with a happy family in such a set-up.

Almost, if not every, shot in the next sequence included an ethnic minority performer. The BBC presenter Hazel Irvine gushed about the importance of grime music (a form of awful electronic music popular among black youths) to east London.

This multicultural equality agenda was so staged it was painful to watch.

And Conservative MP Aidan Burley was right to point out on Twitter that it was a load of 'leftie multicultural c**p'. Yet predictably he has been castigated by Twitter's Guadianista brigade.

Unfortunately the kind of politically driven multiculturalism we saw last night is the kind of social engineering we have come to expect.

What we should not accept is the promotion of an institution that allowed a man to die of thirst from his hospital bed.

Yes, there are parts of the NHS that we can be proud of and it undoubtedly does lots of excellent work.

But that should not be forced on us at a sporting event that's supposed to be above politics, which is of course why the likes of Syria, North Korea and China are allowed to compete.

If only those behind the biased spectacle last night had spared a thought for the likes of Kane, and the many others who have been failed by the NHS, would we have had an opening ceremony we could be proud of.

Sadly - despite all the hype about how brilliant it was - we cannot.

Read more: Error | Mail Online

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i couldnt read that past the first two paragraphs. trust the dailt fail to use this to vent their venomous spleen against everything in the world. bunch of cnuts.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Nasty, nasty piece of work. The article and the 'journalist'.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
That was not a good article, they highlighted one incident as the whole NHS and ignored the fact that there are nurses up and down the country doing a great job. The journalist that wrote that must have some sort of issue to write that. And it is not a case of being right wing to justify the article. I am slightly right wing and I believe the NHS does a lot of good and I am against the article. That incident should have been reported about, just not in the manner that this writer has.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There is so much to despise in this vile outpouring of hate, but the low point was the suggestion that it would be "a challenge" to find an educated middle-class mixed race couple living together with a happy family. Try Denise and Mike three doors down from me. There - not much of a challenge after all, was it?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There is so much to despise in this vile outpouring of hate, but the low point was the suggestion that it would be "a challenge" to find an educated middle-class mixed race couple living together with a happy family. Try Denise and Mike three doors down from me. There - not much of a challenge after all, was it?

My thoughts exactly.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011

I missed that bit. I didn't read that far. I am not surprised they took the article down with something like that in it. I wouldn't be surprised if the writer gets a bollocking or the sack for that article.

I could point you to an educated, mixed race couple, living in harmony with the local community not very far from me. In fact, I could point you towards an article in the Daily Mail about them, some years ago, praising their contribution to our community and specifically highlighting our harmonious ways.

I might add that they have a daughter who is now building a successful career within the NHS. And she's good at sport.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
well all i can say is the care and attention i received both before and after my recent op was and still is excelant .
PS this may change a few opinions (its notacceptable that the guy died IMHO but you can see from this it was an error by a staff member, If i make a mistake at work someone gets the wrong lamp ,if a nurse or a doctor makes a mistake someone may die ,however it wasn't as if it was done on purpose.

Mr Gorny, a supermarket employee, was suffering from diabetes insipidus, which leaves the kidneys unable to conserve water.

He was undergoing a hip replacement at the hospital after steroids had weakened his bones.

Mr Gorny had previously recovered from brain tumour but since the treatment he was prone to violent behaviour, the inquest heard.

The day before his death, he was sedated and put in a side room after his condition caused him to be aggressive towards nurses, the inquest heard.

A post-mortem examination found dehydration caused high sodium levels to lead to his death.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I don't understand their logic.

So, with the incompetent doctors and nurses in the NHS will be sacked once it's privatised, only to go into the private sector. So you don't remove the problem.

I also see their outright attack on the mixed-race family in the 2nd stage. f***ing fascist writer, still not lost their BUF support.

... it was an error by a staff member, If i make a mistake at work someone gets the wrong lamp ,if a nurse or a doctor makes a mistake someone may die ,however it wasn't as if it was done on purpose.
And it certainly isn't the existence of the NHS that causes anyone's death.

Quite the opposite, in the experience of most people who have reason to be thankful that the NHS is there for when we need it.

Should we "glorify" the NHS? Of course we should.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
And it certainly isn't the existence of the NHS that causes anyone's death.

Quite the opposite, in the experience of most people who have reason to be thankful that the NHS is there for when we need it.

Should we "glorify" the NHS? Of course we should.

very very much this

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Somebody once said that every Daily Mail article has to have an object of hate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here