Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT Online Comping - anyone else won anything decent?!

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Hello,
A few months ago I read on a moneysavingexpert a forum dedicated to online 'Comping' where people enter as many free online comps as they can. It was full of people expressing their delight at winning a new toaster / breadmaker etc, but also the odd thread about persons who'd won cars / holidays / cash etc.

Anyway I gave it a go and recently won a £100 Voucher for an obscure shoe maker and yesterday I won a £10 iTunes voucher. Hardly life changing things but I have to say its now become quite addictive...

Has anyone else given it a go and won anything worthwhile? On the negative side my email address is full of spam emails (some of which offer a chance to gain 'extra inchez' - but maybe that was from a non comping site!)

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I won a pack of 4 Rice Krispie Squares last week!!! I was more excited than perhaps I should have been, but sod it, they turned up yesterday!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I would imagine your personal details have been sold to gazillions of marketing companies to fund the 'prizes'. Not for me I'm afraid but, but each to their own.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We (wife and I) did this quite intensively for a period a few years ago - I won some cases of beer, and some vouchers - we also won a weekend away in a hotel. Lot of hard work, with little return. The problem is everyone's at it. I think the area where you can get good returns are the comps where you have to come up with slogans etc; I have friends who have won cars etc that way.

Try loquax http://www.loquax.co.uk

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Used to work with a guy who won everything he entered the jammy git, euro 96 tickets, all expenses paid trip to the 2002 world cup in Japan quarter final match, that was just the start!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I would imagine your personal details have been sold to gazillions of marketing companies to fund the 'prizes'. Not for me I'm afraid but, but each to their own.

I set up a dedicated email address for comping

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
About 20 years ago I spent a while comping - not online, but through mags etc. Only really ever won pretty worthless things,. the only thing of any value was a silver cuttlery set - not much use to me really.

I did know someone who entered a comp where a new mini was one of the big prizes - and she won two !

Chinster

Aug 7, 2011
My Mrs does it.
While i'm watching the footie she spends her time on the laptop tapping away at competitions.
She has won quite a few things such as books, concert tickets, event tickets, clothing, etc etc etc but i'm still waiting for the biggy..........

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
I'm sure when you work out hours put in to rewards gained its rubbish, but I guess it's like the lottery, there's always the chance that something might pop through the post / inbox out of the blue like a holiday or something...

In the meantime ill enjoy my new shoes and download a Pink Floyd album with my iTunes!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm sure when you work out hours put in to rewards gained its rubbish, but I guess it's like the lottery, there's always the chance that something might pop through the post / inbox out of the blue like a holiday or something...

In the meantime ill enjoy my new shoes and download a Pink Floyd album with my iTunes!

Might be worth gving the "Extra Inchez" a go.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I won about eight pairs of Premiership tickets, over three seasons, through the Barclays ATM receipt promotion a couple of seasons ago. Haven't been doing it last couple of seasons, as have been watching a lot more of BHA :smile:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
My Mum won, a holiday for 4 to Florida for 2 weeks.With £1.000 spending money. Been on worse holidays :)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
My mother's fairly obsessive in entering any free competitions she comes across - but won't go online, so the win rate has fallen quite a bit

Best prize was a IE£1,000 travel agent voucher in the mid 1990s, some very careful use and it paid for three decent enough trips abroad. Has won an awful lot of tatty homewares seeing as that's the kind of competition prize given in magazines for middle aged women...

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I recently won £500, a dab radio and Isle of Wight festival tickets on Absolute Radio

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
http://manorhousehotels.com/gallery/cahernane-house-hotel/

I've just won 2 nights here b&b with dinner too! Bit of a bugger to get to though!

Anyone else been to this part of Ireland? Looks very scenic... Any tips on places to go / things to do etc?

It's very pretty indeed around there. Go into Kilarney itself; visit Tralee and have a drive arrive the Dingle peninsula. Rolling hills, beautiful lakes and great sea scenes - what's not to like? Think of a cross between the lake district and Cornwall. Locals are friendly too, as well as sometimes "friendly".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here