Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get Yourselves Into The Sea

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Just been for the first swim of the year - a bit late I know - but it was magnificent. The sea was calm and blue, and after the initial cold was actually a comfortable temperature.

Give yourself a treat - get yourselves down there. And if you have a young family - there is no excuse - it is the best, free activity around.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Just been for the first swim of the year - a bit late I know - but it was magnificent. The sea was calm and blue, and after the initial cold was actually a comfortable temperature.

Give yourself a treat - get yourselves down there. And if you have a young family - there is no excuse - it is the best, free activity around.

I agree, i was in the sea in camber sands yesterday, cleared my head.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Just did the same ,lovely bike ride from steyning to shoreham then cooled off in the sea.It was so relaxing in there.

Well my old fruit - we just did the same. On the Downslink, through the Airport, swam behind Widewater (far end), then back via the Red Lion and a pint of Cottage Lightening (4.7%). Very passable.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Went in today in goring.....loooovvvvvveeeeellllyyyyyy

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Went in May sometime, The initial cold wasn't great but swimming around and it was lovely. Fairly clear too aswell and the sun soon dries you off and warms you up!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Yes - well definitely late this year. The first swim of the year is traditionally at Easter - but I had just too many excuses this year.

Next swim - Thursday.

Cheeky Monkey is the NSC Swimming Guru.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully get my first dip in the sea this weekend

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

Haddock and Chips on the pebbles at Worthing then a long paddle to the pier and back. Just got back, lovely evening.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
First one for me today to, unfortunately i only took my shorts so could go up to the knackers only. Wish i'd brought my swimming trunks now. Couple more days to go so I'll take them tomorrow. Followed by a couple of pints of APA in the New Sussex Hotel!

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
i havent been in yet either, considering i work till 1pm and live 300 yards from the beach, thats a poor show! will def dive in tomoz OP!

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Went for a lengthy wild swim at the Port Eliot festival on Sunday morning....had to spend 45 mins in the first aid tent with mild hypothermia afterwards!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Cheeky Monkey is the NSC Swimming Guru.

Hardly Mumm! :)

Problem up to this week has been continuously high winds, which has curtailed many potential CM swims in the last few months.

The Aqua Sphere Seal Mask - don't be seen in the sea without it:
41RpYBrH46L._AA300_.jpg

Also be wary of Weever Fish, which are around our coast at the mo and several people have been stung (sea shoes are always worn at this end)

High tide 4pm tomorrow off Brighton and low wind speed so all looking good :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here