Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Leicester - League Cup 1994

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'll never forget Munday's goal in the away leg - although I suspect it was meant as a cross.

No way - look at it again...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I remember this game well - I was just 13 years old.

I recall every day on my walk to school passing by a guy on a bike wearing a Leicester shirt so it wasn't long before the banter begun once the draw was made. He was well into his 40s. After the first leg he invited me (remember, I'm 13) to travel up to Leicester with him to watch the remainder of the tie. Obviously I said "no" - and "get your hand off my arse".

Approx ten years later he was banged up for manslaughter - and I'm not kidding.

Still, great game!:drool:

Your rejection of his friendly invite changed everything.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Jesus was that 1994! Remember bunking off a shift at KFC and went by coach, only to find my boss spotted me on TV! Shit job anyhow and a wonder goal by Munday...

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
No way - look at it again...

I was sitting right near him when he shot & was convinced he was going for the cross. Haven't seen a replay of it for years so am open to persuasion otherwise.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Got both games on DVD..still get starry eyed when I watch them....remember the conga dance around the away end singing 'Seagulls shit on Foxes,Seagulls shit on Foxes'....

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Great game - and who can forget Stuart Munday's amazing goal in the second leg...? (Can't find the proper highlights with commentary on YouTube - I've got it on video somewhere...).

I remember going to Wycombe for the first round match. We won 3-1, but the scoreline doesn't do the performance justice. We absolutely murdered them - Nogan should have scored about six. One of the most complete away performances I've seen from an Albion side. We had a promising and exciting team then, under Liam Brady - how it all sadly went wrong so very quickly.

Agree totally. One of the most amazing away matches I've seen... 10-1 wouldn't have been unjust.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Agree totally. One of the most amazing away matches I've seen... 10-1 wouldn't have been unjust.

We played with so much class that night, they couldn't get near the ball. Notice on the video the Wycombe fans clapping McDougald's goal which came after a brilliant move I think... I remember Nogan missing a hat-full of sitters... So much hope for that season based on that performance!

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
We played with so much class that night, they couldn't get near the ball. Notice on the video the Wycombe fans clapping McDougald's goal which game after a brilliant move I think... I remember Nogan missing a hat-full of sitters... So much hope for that season based on that performance!

Yeah within a month we couldn't buy a win and Nogans' goals ceased to exist!

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Probably Junior McDougald's finest games for the club. Superb performance at Wycombe, and then I remember the exhilartion of that second goal at Leicester.
One of our first experiences of being "all-seated" in that low-roofed stand at the side - except that absolutely everyone had to stand on the seats to be able to see !

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
No way was Munday's goal a mis-hit cross.

I know this as I claim the assist. I was seated dead-level with Munday when he received the ball and it was my screaming "SHOOT!" that saw the ball fly into the top corner.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My favourite ever Albion game...

I was 14 – and having turned up late for some reason missed my mates (including [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION]) going in. I wound up on my own at the back of the North Stand in and amongst a bunch of humungous geezers. Amazing atmosphere, as it was evident very early on that we were outplaying a very good Prem side.

The scrum following Nogan’s goal was just ridiculous. Then on Old Shoreham Road afterwards everyone was hugging each other and grinning.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
How many did we take to Leicester?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a shame about the video content, but Mods [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] can we have this jaunt down memory lane, back on The Big Board.

(It must have been a good night if eve I can remember it)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here