Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Leicester - League Cup 1994

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
I found this highlights package of Brighton v Leicester in the League Cup. I had forgotten the first leg had been on TV as well as the seconds leg. We certainly played some great football that season and Kurt Nogan could do a job! What an atmosphere, hard to believe, though, how quickly things would change and that in 3 years we would be without a home!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPqNUMTEz-U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Great game - and who can forget Stuart Munday's amazing goal in the second leg...? (Can't find the proper highlights with commentary on YouTube - I've got it on video somewhere...).

I remember going to Wycombe for the first round match. We won 3-1, but the scoreline doesn't do the performance justice. We absolutely murdered them - Nogan should have scored about six. One of the most complete away performances I've seen from an Albion side. We had a promising and exciting team then, under Liam Brady - how it all sadly went wrong so very quickly.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
They were great games, two of the best. Leicester were a proper premier league side then, so it was a great achievement. We were top 4 in the league same time as well, although it fell away after the second leg.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Nogan was on fire at the start of the season. Then he went about 20 games without scoring and we sold him to Burnley for a pittance.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Great game - and who can forget Stuart Munday's amazing goal in the second leg...? (Can't find the proper highlights with commentary on YouTube - I've got it on video somewhere...).

I remember going to Wycombe for the first round match. We won 3-1, but the scoreline doesn't do the performance justice. We absolutely murdered them - Nogan should have scored about six. One of the most complete away performances I've seen from an Albion side. We had a promising and exciting team then, under Liam Brady - how it all sadly went wrong so very quickly.

Ha! I stuck this on YouTube in the last few days

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean

That goal at Leicester is why my username is what it is, one of my all time highlights of watching the Albion.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I recall being in the West Stand as a teenager watching that Leicester first leg. Remember there being a debate about whether the cut back to Nogan had already gone over the line. Kevin Poole etc protesting. Didn't we get/go out to Swindon in the following round. In the league we were up there with Birmingham(under Fry) and Oxford(with John Byrne) at the time and as others have said we fell away after a promising start.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
That was a few weeks after I moved to Leicester, so you can imagine I was pretty chuffed! (About the football, not moving!)

Hastily got a car sticker.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'll never forget Munday's goal in the away leg - although I suspect it was meant as a cross.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Funny thing is I was in the Chicken Run for that game so the highlights show it exactly as I remember it - if you see hat I mean. It was the last really good night I remember at the Goldstone before the really bad times set in. The next evening game I can recall going to was the Cardiff one, where got thumped 5 - 2!

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I remember this game well - I was just 13 years old.

I recall every day on my walk to school passing by a guy on a bike wearing a Leicester shirt so it wasn't long before the banter begun once the draw was made. He was well into his 40s. After the first leg he invited me (remember, I'm 13) to travel up to Leicester with him to watch the remainder of the tie. Obviously I said "no" - and "get your hand off my arse".

Approx ten years later he was banged up for manslaughter - and I'm not kidding.

Still, great game!:drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here