Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Proschwitz

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Hopefully Gus is watching this now, and will nip over to Germany to steal the chap off Hull

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hopefully Gus is watching this now, and will nip over to Germany to steal the chap off Hull

I hope not....the player is meeting Steve Bruce at Hull's pre-season camp in Portugal!
Thankfully Steve Bruce has a track record of signing strikers who flatter to deceive - in general terms I would give a pretty wide swerve to any of his targets

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So a 25 year old striker who scored 17 goals in the Bundesliga 2 is worth £2m?

Ashley Barnes, a 22 year old striker, scored 14 goals in the Championship (which is arguably a better quality) last season from left wing. How much would he be worth?!

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
So a 25 year old striker who scored 17 goals in the Bundesliga 2 is worth £2m?

Ashley Barnes, a 22 year old striker, scored 14 goals in the Championship (which is arguably a better quality) last season from left wing. How much would he be worth?!

Cue 10 pages of reasons why Ashley's goals do not count:
- If he had missed them they wouldn't have gone in
- If the goalies had saved 10 of them he would only have 4
- Goals in the rain / midweek count half
etc etc

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
etc etc

- He hasn't got a flair name
- We didn't sign him from Barcelona
- He's just a poacher

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
etc etc

Haha spot on.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Barnes is shit....

Pens dont count, theyre essentially free goals, anyone should beat a goalkeeper from 12 yards....

Barnes OUT

Ah yes, Pens don't count...

We still beat Cardiff 2-1 so no points lost there, lost to Leeds so 1 pt dropped...

Lost to Palace (Hmm I wonder why they don't go on about that one so much...) - so another pt dropped

9 goals last season for our Ash then, one behind our top scorer CMS (He doesnt get the Sunderland goal because we wouldnt have played them, Barnes' pen against Gillingham DOESNT COUNT)

This isn't aimed to the poster I quoted - but is it just Barnes' penalties that don't count? What about pens in general? Can we lay off Harley now because his horrific penalty miss DIDNT COUNT? Did England draw against Italy in the Euro's and Blatter got final choice of who should go through?

You know what - I'd LOVE IT if next time Ash scores a penalty (and he will) he just stands there non-plussed, lifts up his shirt and on a t-shirt underneath he has BUT PENALTIES DON'T COUNT on it...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
etc etc

Haha! Nice work...

Wonder if Lampard and Gerrard exclude penalties from overall statistics? And Shearer? And Henry? And Le Tissier? And Rooney? And Messi? And Ronaldo? One assumes that penalties are also given a lesser weighting when deciding the Golden Boot?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
No doubt Gus has someone better lined up.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ah yes, Pens don't count...

We still beat Cardiff 2-1 so no points lost there, lost to Leeds so 1 pt dropped...

Lost to Palace (Hmm I wonder why they don't go on about that one so much...) - so another pt dropped

9 goals last season for our Ash then, one behind our top scorer CMS (He doesnt get the Sunderland goal because we wouldnt have played them, Barnes' pen against Gillingham DOESNT COUNT)

This isn't aimed to the poster I quoted - but is it just Barnes' penalties that don't count? What about pens in general? Can we lay off Harley now because his horrific penalty miss DIDNT COUNT? Did England draw against Italy in the Euro's and Blatter got final choice of who should go through?

You know what - I'd LOVE IT if next time Ash scores a penalty (and he will) he just stands there non-plussed, lifts up his shirt and on a t-shirt underneath he has BUT PENALTIES DON'T COUNT on it...

:ffsparr:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here