Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathaniel Clyne set to leave

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Palace looking to sell Clyne | Sky Sports

Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish has revealed the club are ready to offload wantaway defender Nathaniel Clyne this summer.

The 21-year-old has been linked with a move away from Selhurst Park, having previously attracted reported interest from Manchester United, Newcastle, Reading and West Ham.

Clyne, who came through the Eagles' youth academy, is out of contract at the Championship club but Palace would receive a compensation fee due to his age.

Parish is prepared to let the youngster leave this summer but says a sum for his services remains a sticking point.

The chairman said: "We need to do a deal with Clyne.

"There is a bit of action in the background and we know there is a lot of interest.

"It is just about sorting out who it is best to go to and who will put the right money on the table. We're all working to get an outcome.

"Clubs don't want to go down the tribunal route. It is a game of cat and mouse on the fee - we've just got to let that play out."

I don't think they'll get anymore than £2.5m for him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Clyne, who came through the Eagles' youth academy, is out of contract at the Championship club
Yes.
Parish is prepared to let the youngster leave this summer but says a sum for his services remains a sticking point.
Eh? Surely if he's out of contract it's nothing to do with CP, they'll just get a fee via tribunal?

"Clubs don't want to go down the tribunal route. It is a game of cat and mouse on the fee - we've just got to let that play out."
Don't they? Surely the buying club would want to?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I think its wrong that Palace get Comp or any team for that matter as he is out of contract, he has no ties any more to Palace so why should they be able to get money for him, and he's not set to leave he has left, he has no contract with them.

Look at Junior Hoilett he's on a free if he moved to an English club tribunal fee would be upto 4mill if he moved to Borussia Monchengladbach the club would be a little over 700k its not right imo

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Yes.
Eh? Surely if he's out of contract it's nothing to do with CP, they'll just get a fee via tribunal?

Don't they? Surely the buying club would want to?

If the two clubs can agree a fee between them, even though he's out of contract, it negates the need for a tribunal.

What I would like to know is, how long does he have to be out of contract before Palace lose their ability to get any money? Does it last forever? i.e. if he doesn't play for anyone for 5 years, but then joins a club, do they then have to pay Palace a fee?

After supposedly having the pick of Premier League clubs, it now looks like West Ham or Villa are the only ones in for him

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Funny if he ended up with us.

[Disclaimer: Don't ACTUALLY think he will - Just be funny]

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
There's so much hype around him, but I've never really seen too much from him to make me go WOW.

but he is good on Fifa 12, so he must be good....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I love it when their chairman talks hard ball - the reality is the lad can go where he wants when he wants and if palace act like total arseholes they will end up at a tribunal getting bugger all.

Perhaps a little humility wouldn't go amiss?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There's so much hype around him, but I've never really seen too much from him to make me go WOW.

but he is good on Fifa 12, so he must be good....

Could easily be talking about Zaha there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If the two clubs can agree a fee between them, even though he's out of contract, it negates the need for a tribunal.
Yes I got that, sorry for not being clear. What I don't get, is why a buying club would agree a fee, when they'll get him cheaper at tribunal. Sure it safeguards them against the tribunal coming up with a bigger fee, but everyone knows that doesn't happen.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I think its wrong that Palace get Comp or any team for that matter as he is out of contract, he has no ties any more to Palace so why should they be able to get money for him, and he's not set to leave he has left, he has no contract with them.

Look at Junior Hoilett he's on a free if he moved to an English club tribunal fee would be upto 4mill if he moved to Borussia Monchengladbach the club would be a little over 700k its not right imo

I think the reason is to help those smaller teams that pay to run an academy, train players for 10 years and then see nothing for them when they walk for free to a so-called bigger team. Many clubs would be forced to shut down their academies if their best prospects could just walk away after years of training.

At least they're doing this now before the EPPP comes in, under those new rules instead of the tribunal system deciding the fee, there will now be a fixed tariff in place to determine the fee a club must pay for a youth player. It is £3,000 per year for a player aged between 9 and 11’s development, with the fee from 12 to 16 ranging between £12,500 and £40,000, dependent on a club’s youth system tier category.

Shocking, considering at the extreme Walcott wouldn't have cost Arsenal anywhere near the £16m they paid for him.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Yes I got that, sorry for not being clear. What I don't get, is why a buying club would agree a fee, when they'll get him cheaper at tribunal. Sure it safeguards them against the tribunal coming up with a bigger fee, but everyone knows that doesn't happen.

Ah ok sorry! Is a tribunal a bit of lottery in that it's not clear what fee would be agreed so perhaps it's better to get one both sides are happy with in advance, than take a risk?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe we could have a palace board? Just a thought.

You do understand that, as our only serious rivals, there will always be a large number of Palace-related posts and threads on this board, yes?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
You do understand that, as our only serious rivals, there will always be a large number of Palace-related posts and threads on this board, yes?

Affirmative. Theres about 10 new ones a day though. Is it like this on other football forums as personally I couldn't give a shit what they do. Just an opinion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ah ok sorry!
No, my mistake, my post was confusing.
Is a tribunal a bit of lottery in that it's not clear what fee would be agreed so perhaps it's better to get one both sides are happy with in advance, than take a risk?
My understanding (which is probably wrong) is that the buying club get a good deal at tribunal. They could agree a fee, but that quote makes out that Palace have a player to sell to the highest bidder. Surely the buying club would just be best agreeing wages with the player, then waiting for the tribunal (unless Palace want to be realistic about a fee, which I doubt they do).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Winifred seems to be getting attention from big clubs in the Premier League , yesterday it was Southampton , today Reading are sniffing around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here