Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA Pubs In Brighton / Hove / Sussex

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
With hundreds of pubs in the region, there doesn't seem to be many Albion related pubs. You go to other cities to watch away games, and there's always pubs decked in the local teams memorabilia and colours.

There's a few pubs that welcome Brighton fans with open arms, but very few that have Albion memorabilia as part of the decor. I can think of the Lord Nelson, Hikers Rest, Preston Park Station and Cobden Arms in Brighton. Surely there must be more? Maybe some will think of doing something now the number of season ticket holders has jumped from 5k, to 20+k in the last couple of seasons?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
even in the Goldstone heyday I don't remember Hove Park Tavern, The Stadium, The Exchange etc having anything by way of memorabilia that indicated it was a Brighton pub. Was I just too drunk to remember?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
The New Bush, Arundel Road (marina area) plenty of Albion related para..peraphe...objects on the walls :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
even in the Goldstone heyday I don't remember Hove Park Tavern, The Stadium, The Exchange etc having anything by way of memorabilia that indicated it was a Brighton pub. Was I just too drunk to remember?

Same here. I've never been aware of any out-and-out Albion pubs...it's not really our thing I guess.

Jimmy Grimble

The Brewery Tap has Albion flags and couple of bits of memorabilia on the wall. Saturday nights during the season it's normally full of Brighton fans after a game at the Amex.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The Clifton in Worthing was always a staunch Albion pub. No memorabilia on the walls as it would have been nicked in no time.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
The Downs Hotel in Woodingdean has a big sign in the car-park stating that it is an Albion supporters pub. I don't know if it has any memorabilia as I've never ventured inside.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

You must have been. It had lots of Albion stuff on the walls - some fantastic old pictures. I'd not heard of Tommy Cook before I'd seen his photo in the Sackville (as it was called then).

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

In those days the eclipse was THE Albion boozer. The landlord of the stadium was a Liverpool fan called "Staveley" if I remember right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here