Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Percentage of Season Ticket Holders in West Sussex

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hi,

I'm sure you are aware that BBC South Today do not plan to show Albion highlights this coming season, as there is a perception that there is a lack of support for the Albion is West Sussex (paraphrased from a reply to an email enquiry).

does the club have data to show what perecentage / numbers of season ticket holders or people registered for ticket purchase who live in West Sussex?

It would be a very useful piece of information to prove South Today wrong.

[I guess potentially it's in the club's interest to have many fans unable to view highlights in TV, as it would boost Seagull Player subscriptions, but that's a different discussion :)]

Cheers

Papa

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Traditionally BBC South has always covered Brighton & Hove Albion and being someone who relied on the programme for BHA goals/interview coverage growing up, I know it would be a huge loss to many West Sussex residents - who would find their opportunities of seeing Albion goal action limited to paid-for subscription services, late-night TV or the Internet.

We have furnished the BBC with the figures in terms of total number of registered fans with a West Sussex address, which is just under 40,000, and asked them to reconsider their decision to cut back on their Albion coverage.

As for Seagulls Player, I wouldn't agree. Yes we want lots of subscribers signing up to that - and enjoying the benefits of the extended highlights, press conferences, interviews etc - but equally we would prefer that our fans (and potential fans) in the West of the county are properly catered for in terms of sports coverage on the BBC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here