Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should I get a new mug?

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I have had a BHA match day ritual for many years now in that the first cuppa of the day is always partaken of from a Seagulls mug. Unfortunately the mug that brought us the league 1 title in 2011 suffered a fatal injury in the excitement of the move from Withdean to the Amex. I bought a new mug from the new club shop at the start of last season which, all things being considered did a half decent job .
The question is - do I continue with my current receptacle, or do I buy a new expensive "gem" of a mug to give us a realistic chance of promotion?
I would appreciate the views of NSC'ers on this very vexing question
:bhasign:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
The print has been slowly falling off the one I bought a year ago. I hope it's not a metaphor for our progress in the next few seasons.

My question: Shoddy workmanship or non-dishwasher friendly?

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
As a first cuppa of the day ritual man myself - I'd recommend a new Mug as it gives us all new hope and means you have a 'backup' Mug for a mid-table finish should it be required. My ritual Mug of the last 3 seasons has befallen a sad fate (handle came off) and will be replaced shortly... :)

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I have had a BHA match day ritual for many years now in that the first cuppa of the day is always partaken of from a Seagulls mug. Unfortunately the mug that brought us the league 1 title in 2011 suffered a fatal injury in the excitement of the move from Withdean to the Amex. I bought a new mug from the new club shop at the start of last season which, all things being considered did a half decent job .
The question is - do I continue with my current receptacle, or do I buy a new expensive "gem" of a mug to give us a realistic chance of promotion?

Brighton And Hove Albion Coffee Mugs | Brighton And Hove Albion Ceramic Mugs | CafePress UK

Go on be a ruffian or get an ole ole ole Vicente one made up special...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Euphamisms aside, I find that regularly recycling the mugs keeps things fresh and generally enhances the product :lol:

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC

Get a new one bud.....I going to buy one too

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I think you should get a new mug. I now have to get a new one as my Albion mug fell of it's handle yesterday and ended up in many pieces. I am liking the look of those personalised shirt mugs on the club shop website, although £10 seems a bit much to spend on a mug, however brilliant it is.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I think the old one lasted as long as Gary Hart as a Seagull!

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Update on the Mug situation is that I didn't buy a new one. Have decided to stick with my old one as long as this present run continues - it is surely the Liam Bridcutt of all mugs!

:thumbsup::drink:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The dishwasher always fades my BHA mugs, although worse was my ex, who in a fit of psychotic rage threw my prized (and never used) 1977 BHA mug against a wall smashing it into many pieces in 1997 - 20 years I'd kept that collector's item in mint condition!!!!

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
The dishwasher always fades my BHA mugs, although worse was my ex, who in a fit of psychotic rage threw my prized (and never used) 1977 BHA mug against a wall smashing it into many pieces in 1997 - 20 years I'd kept that collector's item in mint condition!!!!

No wonder she's your ex!

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
i have the 'pleasure' #cough of a keep calm and support bha mug, bought by my mate who is a palace fan. he then sent it away to have the words 'nah, im a palace fan really' printed on the other side! oh deep joy.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
three points tonight or the old mug has provided me with its last early morning cuppa!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here