Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grant Hall "On His Way"

D

Deleted member 18477

If true I hope he rots on the bench at whereever he goes!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Interesting to see what sort of compo we get, as he looked a really good prospect to me.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I never saw enough of him to miss him to be honest. It'll be interesting to see if if he fulfils the potential Gus sees in him but elsewhere.

I wonder if the fact the club released him once then took him back on swayed his decision and affected his sense of loyalty.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We won't get any as we released him then resigned him.
Doesn't matter, you get compensation for an under 24 player out of contract even if he didn't come through your youth system.

It might well mean we get less compensation than we might have done though.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Really? I thought his contract just ran out, as he didn't sign a new one. Under 23, that should mean we get compensated.

We re-signed him from Lewes at age 17. That means he is on a new contract, which I'm sure means we can't claim compensation for his development prior to that age.

If we can then Lewes could claim some on the basis the has him for two years.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We'll be due compo as he's under 24 but it might be effected due to us releasing him when he was younger then signing him again.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Some people really are cocks.

By that, I don't mean Grant Hall, a promising young footballer who has the chance to go and play for one of the biggest clubs in the country, I mean the people who hope he 'rots in the reserves'. They're obviously fairly unsuccessful people themselves who cant understand a young ambitious person wanting to go as far as he can in the world and grab a fantastic opportunity with both hands.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He could buck the trend and be a young player who left here before he was a regular in the 1st team and actually did better elsewhere. I can think of Barry and a forward who went to Tranmere in the last century who's name escapes me at the moment. Are there more?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

By that, I don't mean Grant Hall, a promising young footballer who has the chance to go and play for one of the biggest clubs in the country, I mean the people who hope he 'rots in the reserves'. They're obviously fairly unsuccessful people themselves who cant understand a young ambitious person wanting to go as far as he can in the world and grab a fantastic opportunity with both hands.

Agreed, the thing is he was only going to play in our reserves, so he might as well go and play in Tottenham's reserves if that's the case. It's just a strange coincidence we had 3 good centre backs coming through our centre of excellence at the same time. In fact (jfc aside) do we only produce good defensive players?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Agreed, the thing is he was only going to play in our reserves, so he might as well go and play in Tottenham's reserves if that's the case. It's just a strange coincidence we had 3 good centre backs coming through our centre of excellence at the same time. In fact (jfc aside) do we only produce good defensive players?

I think that would be more down to hinch and his big kid rule, the only time this changed was when Wendy was in charge. Hinsh always did only ever like Tall, Strong, Physical players.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

The guy is 20 years old. If you'd have given me the chance to sign for Spurs or Brighton at 20 years old, then I would have signed for Spurs, and I'm an Albion fan. He probably isn't.

I think the point about our youth players not going on to succeed anywhere else is mainly because we haven't actually produced any good players. Not for a hell of a long time, anyway. That's clearly starting to change now though.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Couldn't agree more. We released him once, only to re-sign him later and for that reason alone I expect his loyalty to be more fickle than someone who has gone right through the youth system.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think that would be more down to hinch and his big kid rule, the only time this changed was when Wendy was in charge. Hinsh always did only ever like Tall, Strong, Physical players.

The English way. Unbelievable this shit still goes on.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The only thing I take issue with is... are Spurs still interested now that 'arry has gone?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here