Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sexy goal nets where they all gone ?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Goal nets these days are so boring they all look the same
Big square nets held back by two poles every ground has the same design
Back in the day( 70s 80s ) I could tell you what ground it was just by looking at the nets .
Remember Hampden Park big square Posts Wembley with the green stanching encased with flowing nets , even palace had sexy goal posts & nets Goodison park had a lovely ripple when the ball hit the back off the net
But the best & sexiest nets belong to Mexico 1970 watch the Final brazil v Italy I never get tired of seeing the ball ripple those lovely nets or what about when Trevor Brooking scored for England against Hungary & the ball got stuck in the stanching does anybody else share this love affair I have with sexy goal nets or is it just me , I don't know how to post pictures on NSC but if anyone could post any pictures of sexy old fashioned nets & posts I'd be very grateful

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
WembleyGoal.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
.....and the classic 'up the park' net which has trapped many a keeper whilst trying to retrieve a low drive.

80mm-aluminium-goal-BIG.jpg

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone remember the ones at uptown park and loftus road where the ball almost bounced out off the net?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Is that a spot the ball picture coz I can't find the ball anywhere Coventry have just scored but where's the ball

Right, just watched the goal on youtube and header hit the bottom corner the rolled back out and is behind Ray at the moment this pic was taken

.........and that's why we have big square nets now to stop this sort of thing happening!!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Right, just watched the goal on youtube and header hit the bottom corner the rolled back out and is behind Ray at the moment this pic was taken

.........and that's why we have big square nets now to stop this sort of thing happening!!

If they had used Mexico 70 nets it wouldn't have rebounded out, if they had a top 10 of nets Mexico 70 would surely come top

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Can't find a pic but I love the deep nets as used in Mexico '86.

I HATE those black nets as used by Man City. Very unsexy. You can't even see the bulge!

images

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The 2002 WC goals were deeper than they were high iirc.

Back of the net was in a different post code.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here