Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E-Cigs

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I haven't had a normal cigerette now for a couple of months, I now use the VIP e-cig I purchased via Groupon.

Great I haven't had a real fag, but am still a little concerned about any health risks "vaping" may cause.

For those that use them what are your thoughts on the e-cig ?

RustyTheSnowman

Apr 5, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
I haven't had a normal cigerette now for a couple of months, I now use the VIP e-cig I purchased via Groupon.

Great I haven't had a real fag, but am still a little concerned about any health risks "vaping" may cause.

For those that use them what are your thoughts on the e-cig ?

I've been using one for nearly 1.5 years, it's so much better than smoking! As I understand it, no official government approved tests have been carried out on the health risks and manufacturers are banned from referring to them as aids to quitting smoking. I got mine from a company called Totally Wicked, if you google them there's a good forum where you can get all the answers you should want!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
You lot are really making me think that I should join your club. I want to quit, and have loads of times without success, obviously!

My health isn't good at the moment, not due to smoking may I add. I am in the process of being tested for Hemochromotosis. A serious disease which is basically caused by too much iron in my blood. It's a genetic illness that can eventually cause cirrhosis of the liver in a similar way that alcohol does!

I am now in an appreciative state of mind that I need to do everything in my power to stop smoking. I just don't know how or where to start or how to finally succeed in achieving this? I have stopped drinking alcohol completely and am watching my diet carefully. This complete change in my lifestyle is challenging enough without adding any more stress to it!

I thought about starting a thread on this subject but I really don't want it to be a "look at me thread".. I am fairly at my wits end health wise but I appreciate that many people are far worse off than me. Just want some genuine advice from my NSC family please.

Any advice please guys n gals?

Last edited:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Funny you should put this up, I was considering starting a thread on this very subject. I would like to get one, which one do people recommend?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Funny you should put this up, I was considering starting a thread on this very subject. I would like to get one, which one do people recommend?

Electronic cigarettes UK

I purchased the VIP E-Cig from Groupon. Cost 19.95 + 4.95 p+p get a charger and 17 cartomizers. 1 cartomizer is equivalent to 40 real fags I think.

Works great for me. But read the above forum for other reviews.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
How much are they? I keep finding really random prices for them. I really want to quit for uni in September, as I intend to play a lot more competitive football with the uni's multiple teams.

Any recommendations?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
yep, superb, i and 3 other ex smokers i know also use nicolites, £20 quid for the rechargeable starter pack it really works and tastes like a real fag.

you will feel miles better and not even miss smoking, plus you can smoke it anywhere, its not on the public ban

Been using it for 4 months now. I do sometimes have a real ciggie at the weekend but all week I use the nicolite. Pretty much a non smoker now.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I used one for three months last time I quit, in fact I'd say the only reason I started again was because I lost my E-cigarette. Not quite the real thing, but certainly close.

I also managed to get mine free online, as a trial. This was a couple of years ago though.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Just ordered a SKYCIG. Looks pretty smart, and I wanted one that didn't look realistic enough that people would try and bust me. Can we use them at the Amex?

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
You lot are really making me think that I should join your club. I want to quit, and have loads of times without success, obviously!

My health isn't good at the moment, not due to smoking may I add. I am in the process of being tested for Hemochromotosis. A serious disease which is basically caused by too much iron in my blood. It's a genetic illness that can eventually cause cirrhosis of the liver in a similar way that alcohol does!

I am now in an appreciative state of mind that I need to do everything in my power to stop smoking. I just don't know how or where to start or how to finally succeed in achieving this? I have stopped drinking alcohol completely and am watching my diet carefully. This complete change in my lifestyle is challenging enough without adding any more stress to it!

I thought about starting a thread on this subject but I really don't want it to be a "look at me thread".. I am fairly at my wits end health wise but I appreciate that many people are far worse off than me. Just want some genuine advice from my NSC family please.

Any advice please guys n gals?

You could always talk to your GP they will be able to tell you about all your available options. I quit two and half years ago. I had had enough didn't want to be a slave any more, I read a book by Alan Carr called quit smoking the easy way. Didn't believe a word at first but the more I read the more it made sense, by the end of the book I was raring to go wanting to get to the end of the book. At the end I walking away from smoking no stress no worries and I've never looked back. It might not be for everyone but there are a few others on here that have used Alan Carr books to great success. When I think about having quit smoking its makes me smile. Good luck to you.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
bone of contention whether you can use them at the amex....same steward gave me 3 different stories in 3 weeks.
i have emailed the club twice, posted in the 'ask the club' bit twice.
as yet i am yet to receive a reply.

emailed Mr Hebberd too....still no reply

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
[MENTION=18309]Muzzy[/MENTION]

I did go down the 'look at me' thread road :lol: - Quitting Smoking Thread

Some good suggestions on there. Personally I've just done my first 24 hours without a cigarette, hasn't been too bad. I've been taking Champix, which you can get at the cost of a prescription, which definitely helped as I was spending a fortune on patches/NRT treatment last time. It's only been a week with the tablets and a day without a cigarette, which is far from out of the woods, but so far so good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here