Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Places in Brighton that are a mystery to you

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Mine - Since I was a small child, I've always wondered what is inside the Clocktower in Preston Park. All I know is that it was built in 1891. The outside is very ornate, surely there is more than a ladder and an enormous pair of clock weights inside. An ornate staircase? A little room on the first floor where the Parkie lives? A basement with a secret tunnel?

Anybody know?

272px-Clock_Tower%2C_Preston_Park%2C_Brighton_%28IoE_Code_481272%29.JPG

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I've always found Hanover a bit of mystery - great pubs, but everyone cramped together in dark terracing with limited natural light entering living room windows on those steep hills and yet many people would cut off their left buttock to live there.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Mine - Since I was a small child, I've always wondered what is inside the Clocktower in Preston Park. All I know is that it was built in 1891. The outside is very ornate, surely there is more than a ladder and an enormous pair of clock weights inside. An ornate staircase? A little room on the first floor where the Parkie lives? A basement with a secret tunnel?

Anybody know?

272px-Clock_Tower%2C_Preston_Park%2C_Brighton_%28IoE_Code_481272%29.JPG

I walked past it earlier and there were some FITTIES sitting on the steps, not sure that helps you though...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've always found Hanover a bit of mystery - great pubs, but everyone cramped together in dark terracing with limited natural light entering living room windows on those steep hills and yet many people would cut off their left buttock to live there.

It's just got a good vibe to the area, for students anyway. TONNES of good pubs, good distance from town, etc.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I use to live near that

the most pointless piece of information ever on NSC right there.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Talking of King Alfred - there has always been since I can remember a weird device that is boxed off by a large barb wired fence on the green by the side entrance of King Alfred- What's that do then? I'm guessing it's something to do with meteorology but I could be wrong...

I've always wondered what that was as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here