Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst soccer hooliganism seen in Brighton

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
The riot Cardiff fans had in Hove Park in 1997(bear in mind I've only been watching the Albion since 1994).

Sold my house that day, had a few in the Eclipse before the match, saw Cardiff taking a few liberties in the offie in Sackville Rd then they chased a few fans up the hill. Ended up in The Arc bar that night. Funny what you remember

Was one to invade pitch in October against Lincoln in protest against the board... I know some people never liked all that but I still believe it was in the best interests.

Fortunately a fantastic lady, owning a house with views over the south-east terracing, used to let all banned fans into her garden - until after that Cardiff game!!! B'stards!!! - in truth, I seem to remember we went one up, and those of us (ignorant young 'uns) in the garden started taunting them, before they just left their seats exited the Goldstone and headed straight into the gardens!!! Oh shit, they were scary!

p.s. The best thing was that despite being arrested later for Lincoln, they never caught me for opening the South-East terrace gates to all those who boycotted (financially) the Mansfield game later that year... otherwise I'd have been banned across the country for a little while - and that would've meant missin Hereford (NO WAY!)
:salute:
Probably my mum's house???

Attachments

• IMG_20200111_122346.jpg
    IMG_20200111_122346.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 16

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here