Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quitting Smoking Thread

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
if you dont give up just think you may end up looking like this oneday see pic post number155
Ifyouhatepalacestandup....NOW WITH PICS post No 155!!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The hardest part is done for you but the battle ain't over... Keep up the good work mate, 1 day at a time... I moved into double figures today, 10 days completed.

Thanks!!! 10 days is a great start!! Have to say despite a few tense moments I do feel better for it.

Very well done though on the 10 days.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Thanks!!! 10 days is a great start!! Have to say despite a few tense moments I do feel better for it.

Very well done though on the 10 days.

Cheers mate... One bit advice, if you get a serious urge and it won't go away, get busy doing something/anything to take your mind off of the serious craving... It will go away and the craving times get shorter and shorter over time, trust me.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Cheers mate... One bit advice, if you get a serious urge and it won't go away, get busy doing something/anything to take your mind off of the serious craving... It will go away and the craving times get shorter and shorter over time, trust me.

Thanks for the advice. Will take heed. I guess a lot of the addiction is in the head so will need to keep busy at the worst times. Watching ppl lighting up is a bit tough though but hopefully in time that will change

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Thanks for the advice. Will take heed. I guess a lot of the addiction is in the head so will need to keep busy at the worst times. Watching ppl lighting up is a bit tough though but hopefully in time that will change

Watching ppl light up is the best bit for me! I can then see how stupid, smoking really is in a strange sort of way! Especially when it's pissing down and I'm in the dry!

Pm me anytime if you're struggling but want to succeed mate. I won't give in to the cravings and if I can help support you through it then I am willing to help if you need it.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Watching ppl light up is the best bit for me! I can then see how stupid, smoking really is in a strange sort of way! Especially when it's pissing down and I'm in the dry!

Pm me anytime if you're struggling but want to succeed mate. I won't give in to the cravings and if I can help support you through it then I am willing to help if you need it.

Thanks Muzzy!! Will do!

I am pretty determined to do it too. Just need the wine and cig combo to disappear sometime soon. Thanks for the support

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Always remember you are a drug addict if you continue to smoke. People also say it's a hard habit to break but i love Allen Carr's response to that in his book.

We break habits all the time. When we go to America for instance and drive we automatically have to break a habit to drive on the right.

When we buy a new car sometimes the indicator is on the other side of the steering wheel. Once you get use to it it becomes second nature.

The book is well worth a read. In 10 days time i will be 4 months smoke free.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Always remember you are a drug addict if you continue to smoke. People also say it's a hard habit to break but i love Allen Carr's response to that in his book.

We break habits all the time. When we go to America for instance and drive we automatically have to break a habit to drive on the right.

When we buy a new car sometimes the indicator is on the other side of the steering wheel. Once you get use to it it becomes second nature.

The book is well worth a read. In 10 days time i will be 4 months smoke free.

Some good points. 24 hours is a good enough start for me.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I'm grateful to everyone that has posted on this thread. Without it I would still be smoking like a chimney. You probably have all contributed to extending my life!

Cheers guys.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I'm grateful to everyone that has posted on this thread. Without it I would still be smoking like a chimney. You probably have all contributed to extending my life!

Cheers guys.

Go for it!! You sound like you are determined to get the job done

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Go for it!! You sound like you are determined to get the job done

Oh I will... Don't you worry about that :wink: After 30+ years the time is right for me! I have been a twat for allowing it to go on for that long :dunce:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Annnddd that's the first month. How you getting on with the cold turkey [MENTION=18309]Muzzy[/MENTION]?

Hi mate... 3 weeks today and still going strong. I'm away camping with the family at present which is a bit challenging due to too much sitting around! But I will succeed, cheers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have given up for 2 and a half years but had a serious weak moment on Friday when I was at a do where I'd had a bit to drink and was SEVERELY tested with the offer of a cigarillo. Just one puff is a potentially slippery slope. I have given up for over a year three times before and slipped back by the "just one is OK" attitude"...it isn't.

Once a smoker even when you give up you are only one cigarette from becoming a smoker again, however long you have given up for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here