Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurants With a Difference

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
You might want to check but the morrocan restuaurant (name eludes me) on Western Road has belly dancing as an added extra (might only be for parties though).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Had a hilarious night at this place in Kemp town years ago. The chef comes up to 'entertain' once he's finished cooking. It was one of those so bad it's good nights - don't know whether it's still there though

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Thanks for your input mate I appreciate it but i'm looking for something 'with a difference' Bizarrely it doesn't even matter if the food is top notch, it's more about enjoying the evening!

Why don't you get them all togged up in shirts & ties and take them to McDonalds - that'd be quite quirky and certainly qualifies on the "food not very good" criteria.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Left everything to the last minute, wife's birthday tomorrow, Tried Ole Ole but they were fully booked, so were casa don carlos so just managed to get a table at Agua Dulce, anyone been? Ranked 7th best in Brighton according to Trip Adviser?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Genghis Khan is Mongolian, Middle street. If it's still there? Was always packed and a very good night out. You have to have a Yak bite to wash it all down with! Haven't been for a few years but would love to go back sometime.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have never eaten in a tapas bar and in fact wouldn't know how about ordering a meal so for a novice like me how does one start do you just pick a few items that you like the sound of and hope that they go together well. Any advice is welcome as I would love top try one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I have never eaten in a tapas bar and in fact wouldn't know how about ordering a meal so for a novice like me how does one start do you just pick a few items that you like the sound of and hope that they go together well. Any advice is welcome as I would love top try one.

I am warming to you :D

It's all small dishes, so normally order 2-3 each, share, and order more if you wish.

My fave tapas is the Andalucia in Ferring near Worthing if you are out this way

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes

Tapas is easy to do at home. Just look up some recipes online for ideas and give them a go. It'll work out cheaper if you end up throwing stuff away that you're not to keen on.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Genghis Khan is Mongolian, Middle street. If it's still there? Was always packed and a very good night out. You have to have a Yak bite to wash it all down with! Haven't been for a few years but would love to go back sometime.

This is what I based this thread on. Have had some great times in there but was hoping for something else along these lines, having been there 5-6 times it's kind of lost it's appeal sadly. Thought about Yo Sushi or Moshi Moshi but others going didn't seem so sure. Booked Agua Dulce now so will report back soon!

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
There used to be a brilliant Mongolian in Horsham, probably about 15 years ago I guess now, you could pick out what ingredients you wanted then take it to the front and watch it being cooked. I only went once and then it closed. Was great fun though particularly as a child.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
This is what I based this thread on. Have had some great times in there but was hoping for something else along these lines, having been there 5-6 times it's kind of lost it's appeal sadly. Thought about Yo Sushi or Moshi Moshi but others going didn't seem so sure. Booked Agua Dulce now so will report back soon!

That's a shame mate, I love it there. But I do get ya drift if you've been before a few times.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
There used to be a brilliant Mongolian in Horsham, probably about 15 years ago I guess now, you could pick out what ingredients you wanted then take it to the front and watch it being cooked. I only went once and then it closed. Was great fun though particularly as a child.

Pretty much exactly what the one in Brighton does, I liked it because it was different! Can't believe there is nothing else along those lines in this city...

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
that indonesian place is bloody lovely

Bali Brasserie was a great crack and brillinat food, we had the banquet and then was entertained by some old granny with a guitar, she was so cheesey, awful which made it fantastic in a querky kind of way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here