Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurants With a Difference

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Looking for a quirky restaurant in Brighton, something a little different that involves a bit more than sitting down, picking from the menu, eating and leaving. A good (but I accept not to everyone's taste) example would be the Mongolian BBQ, perhaps something along those lines? I want to take my wife out for a surprise bash with friends and family, suggestions please?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Thanks for your input mate I appreciate it but i'm looking for something 'with a difference' Bizarrely it doesn't even matter if the food is top notch, it's more about enjoying the evening!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Check out:

[url="http://www.thai-style.co.uk/cookery

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Always think tapas at Casa don Carlos makes for a bit more of an interesting meal as you can try so many different things. This is only quirky if you don't usually have tapas, however.

Hmmm, what about Warung Taju (sp?) Indonesian restaurant at pool valley. Perhaps not quirky as such but different and very tasty.

Oct 25, 2003
Always think tapas at Casa don Carlos makes for a bit more of an interesting meal as you can try so many different things. This is only quirky if you don't usually have tapas, however.

Hmmm, what about Warung Taju (sp?) Indonesian restaurant at pool valley. Perhaps not quirky as such but different and very tasty.

that indonesian place is bloody lovely

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Edit: Warung Tujuh it's called.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Such a shame Sapporo's has gone from Preston St. Quite often got a group together round the big Teppanyaki table where the chef cooksthe food in front of you, and puts on a bit of showboating along the way. Quite a good laugh, and very good food.

Don't know if there is another Japenese that does that in Brighton, but would recommend trying it if there is.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Moshi moshi you can book a sushi making session with them.

Or you could go to Kambis and wait for the belly dancer to turn up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have just googled Greek and Cypriot restaurants in Brighton as it is our wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks and we both like Greek and Cypriot food. Found 2 Archpelagos in Western Rd and Estia in Hampton Place has anybody any experience good or bad of either.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Such a shame Sapporo's has gone from Preston St. Quite often got a group together round the big Teppanyaki table where the chef cooksthe food in front of you, and puts on a bit of showboating along the way. Quite a good laugh, and very good food.

Don't know if there is another Japenese that does that in Brighton, but would recommend trying it if there is.

Thanks man this is the kind of thing that interests me! I appreciate all suggestions though and will check them all out :)

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Ole Ole in the Lanes. On Trip Advisor it is the number one restaurant in Brighton. It has live music and flamenco dancing Thursdays Fridays and Saturdays.
Its Vicentes favourite restaurant (maybe). We has a great night there.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have just googled Greek and Cypriot restaurants in Brighton as it is our wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks and we both like Greek and Cypriot food. Found 2 Archpelagos in Western Rd and Estia in Hampton Place has anybody any experience good or bad of either.

I've actually heard that Steki's on the seafront is best.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

I've actually heard that Steki's on the seafront is best.

It's all down to personal taste, but having been to all 3, I reckon Estia is the best.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Ole Ole in the Lanes. On Trip Advisor it is the number one restaurant in Brighton. It has live music and flamenco dancing Thursdays Fridays and Saturdays.
Its Vicentes favourite restaurant (maybe). We has a great night there.
This. Its mad.

There's flamenco and singing and dancing and clapping from musicians, the waiters and waitresses. Don't expect to be able to hold a conversation though. Its loud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here