Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Hunt, Now No Robbo- Reassure Me!!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Im losing faith at the moment.

we've missed the boat with robbo- a transfer whicg i thought was a gimme. looks like with missed out on the relativly unknown hunt as well.

are we gonna sign anyone?? we need one or two players!!!

or is sc just gonna get in a couple of loan players???

anyone gonna reasure me?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I posted this on the John Robinson to Cardiff thread, but I'll stick it here too:

Ananova:

Robinson ponders Cardiff move

John Robinson will decide whether to join Cardiff at the end of this week after being released by Charlton.

Bluebirds boss Lennie Lawrence has held talks with Robinson, who revealed that he is in talks with four other clubs and needs to consider his options carefully.

He said: "I need to make a decision by the end of this week and whatever it will be, it'll be down to a pure football reason - and not a financial one."

Story filed: 19:32 Monday 7th July 2003

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
LISTEN JOHN-

you're a brighton boy, your family is settled down south, brighton is a nice city, wales is a dump.

DON THE RIGHT THING!!

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Hunt joined an up and coming team with real prospects and one that plays in a proper footy stad in front of real fans who know how to party............................................HE JOINED LEYTON ORIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
WATFORD O said:
Hunt joined an up and coming team with real prospects and one that plays in a proper footy stad in front of real fans who know how to party............................................HE JOINED LEYTON ORIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just in case anyone thinks Twatty has completely disappeared into fantasy land can I point out that it is a different Hunt who signed for Leyton Orient from our feeder club in Croydon???

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
and mooney has joined swindon today!!

i mean for f*** sakes!! surely he'd of done a job for us? and surely we can opffer more money than a tin put welsh club like swindon!!

yeah but re-signing Rodger and Blackwell has taken money out of our prospective transfer pot. Cos they are new signings. And SC is totally correct in not letting a tribunal set a fee for Hunt for a sum we have no control over and will be binding . I suspect that the Hunt situation will resolve itself hearer the end of the transfer window when Brentford realise they have no chance of getting him off their wage list unless they talk sensible numbers to us.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Did I hear that Southampton have released their England U20 striker?

Gotta be worth a look.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Sorry - the right footed denilson- I can't even reassure myself at the moment - we are totally broke and we aren't going to get Hunt or Robbo, Cureton seems to be going to Korea, we can't afford Big Dave and other teams have started going for players that would've probably done a good job for us. I honestly believe that SC and the board thought Bobby would have gone by now and that we would have had some money to splash out on some decent players.

The only saving grace is that Steve Coppell has shown in the past what he can do with little or no budget (ie Brentford) and barring Brooker, Lee Steele, Junior Lewis, Simon Morgan & Chris Jones (oh and Phil Hadland!) - the squad is virtually the same as when we went up from Div 2 last time. And if we do keep Big Dave and Dean Blackwell, the recent replacements are as good if not better than the players that have left (Big Dave is better than Chris Jones, Rodger is as good if not better than Junior, same applies to Blackwell and Simon Morgan). So in effect we would just need to replace Lee Steele and Paul Brooker - although I guess it's not quite a simple as that ('cos I think we were light in midfield and upfront 2 yrs ago anyway). But the upshot is that we are only a couple of players away from being as good as two years ago - unless Bobby leaves of course!! ???

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
the right footed denilson said:
Im losing faith at the moment.

we've missed the boat with robbo- a transfer whicg i thought was a gimme. looks like with missed out on the relativly unknown hunt as well.

are we gonna sign anyone?? we need one or two players!!!

or is sc just gonna get in a couple of loan players???

anyone gonna reasure me?

No sorry, i can't!:nono:

Dick Tight only makes us pay top money, but does not spend anything on the team. Untill we get a Chairman with some money, or Falmer actually happens (don't hold your breath!), we will always be a joke team.

What happened to the £2m to spend on players when Dick Tight wanted our support for his take-over? More bullshit!:mad:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If the Falmer application had not taken so long then we would have had more money to spend on players. We are solvent and playing in Brighton, count your blessings.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Quote: And if we do keep Big Dave and Dean Blackwell, the recent replacements are as good if not better than the players that have left (Big Dave is better than Chris Jones, Rodger is as good if not better than Junior, same applies to Blackwell and Simon Morgan).

I wouldn't agree that Blackwell is anywhere near a good as Simon Morgan who hardly put a foot wrong in our last promotion season. But Blackwell is certainly a good player and ,if he gets fit,
will do a good job for us.

Last edited:

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
El Presidente said:
If the Falmer application had not taken so long then we would have had more money to spend on players. We are solvent and playing in Brighton, count your blessings.

Don't you mean, if the whole thing had been manager properly, we would not have wasted so much money on Falmer! As for sitting in the rain watching at Withdean, what sort of blessing is that? I would rather drive to Gillingham and keep dry in a real football ground - and park outside!:mad:

And are we actually solvent? I can't see past the smoke and mirrors!:nono:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Icy Gull said:
Quote: And if we do keep Big Dave and Dean Blackwell, the recent replacements are as good if not better than the players that have left (Big Dave is better than Chris Jones, Rodger is as good if not better than Junior, same applies to Blackwell and Simon Morgan).

I wouldn't agree that Blackwell is anywhere near a good as Simon Morgan who hardly put a foot wrong in our last promotion season. But Blackwell is certainly a good player and ,if he gets fit,
will do a good job for us.

You could be right Icy - Simon Morgan was certainly an excellent player for us - but Dean has played the majority of his football in the Premiership and once he adjusts to life in the second division - I really believe that he will be at least as good as Simon - both totally different types of players of course.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
No offence Mullers m8, by change the record for gawd sake...... How do you know the Falmer application has been mismanaged, from reading what has been posted and what has appeared in the press the Club seemed to have done a damn good job so far, though of course the proof will be in the Stadium's planning approval, but all this negativity seeping out of this Forum is depressing to say the least. Admittedly they communications between Club and Fans hasn't been the best, but with such a complex proposal i'm not surprised the club has been unable to disclose certain aspects of the planning application due to legal reasons.

How can you call a Club that has come from the brink of extinction in '97 survived 2 years at Gillingham on 2000 crowds, then won successive championships, not just promotions, but championships on a limited budget in a temporary stadium and only got relegated on the final day of the season a Joke? How can you sit there and think of the delights of watching Zamora's goal against Halifax, Wolfman's millenium goal, the 6/7-nil thrashings, the away game atmosphere's at Peterborough, Orient, Sheff Utd, Wolves, Ipswich, Reading, Sheff Wed and call the team a joke? Shame on you.

Stop dreaming of this mystical chairman with fountains of dosh coming into the club. It isn't going to happen and doesn't solve things anyway, Wolves being the prime example. Get your backside behind the team, behind the falmer lads and push with all your might cos they need the support.

Grizz

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Heard from a strong source,second hand, that there are 3 or 4 players in the pipeline but won't be signing till the week before the season starts, to save on their wages.
Which to me sounds ludicrous, they will be just like Kitson & Butters were cos they wont get enough pre-season training in.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Mullers said:
As for sitting in the rain watching at Withdean, what sort of blessing is that? I would rather drive to Gillingham and keep dry in a real football ground - and park outside!:mad:

You are mad mad mad :nono: rather drive to Gillingham? I did that for two seasons and it was shit. We also paid for the Gordon Road stand in rent (suprised you haven't pointed that out in your constant knocking of DK)

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Don Tmatter said:
Heard from a strong source,second hand, that there are 3 or 4 players in the pipeline but won't be signing till the week before the season starts, to save on their wages.

Unless they sign for someone else in the meantime - great plan!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here