Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jon Snow, Brighton fan

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Surely it's been common knowledge for decades that he supports the Albion. I'm sure I remember reading something on here once which insisted he had been a Brighton hooligan - now that I wouldn't believe.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I've gotta go to the Isle of Man in late August, If he wants (somehow ) to get in touch with me he can borrow my season ticket IF we are at home on the 25th August and IF that's allowed. Anyone got a problem with that?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Typical JCL

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How can you support a team you've never seen play? Isn't that like saying your a fan of a band or artist, when you've never heard any of their tracks?

Maybe he watches us on TV, we were on plenty last season or maybe even subscribes to seagulls player and listens to the games and watches highlights

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Surely it's been common knowledge for decades that he supports the Albion. I'm sure I remember reading something on here once which insisted he had been a Brighton hooligan - now that I wouldn't believe.

Yes, he was supposed to have been in a Brighton 'Firm' before seeing the error of his ways and turning his life around.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maybe he watches us on TV, we were on plenty last season or maybe even subscribes to seagulls player and listens to the games and watches highlights

Yep, probably. I took his comments too literally, I think. As in, never seen them play, as opposed to never seen them play live (at the ground)...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Agreed. I would say that anyone can be a fan of anything, but a supporter is someone who actively supports the club, usually by going to watch them play or buying their merchandise etc.

He has worn an "offical" tie while reading the news, so unless the tie was a gift he has supported the club!

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Jon Snow from Game of Thrones?

610207-jon_snow_01_large.png

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes, he was supposed to have been in a Brighton 'Firm' before seeing the error of his ways and turning his life around.

Typical firm member in not having been to a game!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
He lives in my neighbourhood. I've seen him cycling through Primrose Hill three or four times. The next time I see him, I'm going shout 'Seeeeeaguuulls' at him!

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
It could be – if someone's asked him about his views on England's chances – that "never seen 'em play" actually refers to England here?

Ie
"My expertise flows from supporting Brighton all my life;never seen [England] play; But Hell,they're coming good: Why not England? Anything's poss!"

Exactly how I read it. Surely this is what he means.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Here's our brief interview with Jon Snow from April 2009 (TSLR019)

TSLR: When was your love for the Albion made apparent to you?
JS: At the age of 8 when I became a chorister at Winchester cathedral...every boy needed a football club - I chose the one in the town nearest to the Sussex village of Ardingly in which I was born.

When did you see your first game?
I have never seen a game - other than outrageously rarely on telly. I am a remarkably feeble supporter...but supporter I am!

What was more of an event - the Albion at Wembley in 1983 or the Thatcher bombing in 1984?
I must be candid - as a hack, the latter.

Do you wear a new tie on TV every day?
No, but I have once got away with an Albion tie...

Where do you buy your ties?
Sometimes in Brighton drifting round the lanes during the er, duller bits of party conferences, otherwise from Victoria Richards | Textile Designer

There’s a rumour that you wore an Albion tie when we got permission for Falmer, is this true? When did you do it? Have you got it on video?
Not on the day I’m afraid I had already worn it - confident that one day our stadium would come!

If we were to make a The Seagull Love Review branded tie, would you wear it on the news?
Providing it had the necessary droppings down it.

Do you have a favourite Albion player? Our favourite is Spanish legend, Inigo Calderon.
Bobby Zamora before he faded away by leaving us!

Aside from the reconstruction of the Chilcot Inquiry, why is Channel 4 News better than the other news providers?
Largely because it’s Presenters’ football passions - inadequate though they may be - reside comfortably away from the premiership.

Best game?
Always the next one.

Worst game?
Until recently, the last one.

Favourite ever player?
Bobby Smith.

Worst ever player?
NO SUCH THING. To have played for Brighton at all represents eternal greatness.

What is your favourite biscuit?
Chocolate Oliver - dark all round!

TSLR understands that you enjoy classical music, do you associate any particular songs with the Albion?
Wish upon a star!

Do you know all the words to Sussex by the Sea?
Not yet, but give me time.

Do you force the love of the Albion on to anyone else? Your family perhaps?
I wouldn’t dare!

Have you been able to see us play under Gus Poyet? What do you think of him?
Who’d have dreamt we’d end this season so well?

How realistic was Drop the Dead Donkey?
More than any of us like to admit...

What does the future hold for Channel 4 News?
Eternity!

If Channel 4 was dropped, could you see yourself at another news channel?
Only the Brighton and Hove Albion Supporters’ channel.

What would you rather have, the Goldstone or Falmer?
Morally the Goldstone – practically Falmer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here