Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jon Snow, Brighton fan

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Jon "Channel 4 News" Snow tweeted this yesterday:

My expertise flows from supporting Brighton all my life;never seen 'em play; But Hell,they're coming good: Why not England? Anything's poss!

Firstly, I had no idea he supported Brighton. Secondly, I had no idea that anyone could "support" a team like us from afar, having never been to a game. Man Utd, maybe. But Brighton?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Jon "Channel 4 News" Snow tweeted this yesterday:

My expertise flows from supporting Brighton all my life;never seen 'em play; But Hell,they're coming good: Why not England? Anything's poss!

Firstly, I had no idea he supported Brighton. Secondly, I had no idea that anyone could "support" a team like us from afar, having never been to a game. Man Utd, maybe. But Brighton?

Surely someone in 'the business' needs to get him to a game. We've got enough actors / comedians / TV reviewers on here to get in contact with him.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I believe he grew up in Haywards Heath, which isn't exactly "afar." In fact, he hasn't got much of an excuse for never having seen us play - do we really want these glory hunters?

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
He has mentioned this before. Pretty sure he said in an interview a few years ago that he was gutted about having to leave the Goldstone, despite never having been there.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He is Sussex born and bred, a big fan of SCC and to a lesser extent of BHA. He wore the official Albion tie on the news before the playoff final at the Millennium. I heartily recommend his autobiography, a very interesting read indeed.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Maybe he's secretly proud of the fact he's never seen his team actually play. It's a talking point, isn't it? If he was a guest at the Amex one of his biggest quirks would be gone.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It could be – if someone's asked him about his views on England's chances – that "never seen 'em play" actually refers to England here?

Ie
"My expertise flows from supporting Brighton all my life;never seen [England] play; But Hell,they're coming good: Why not England? Anything's poss!"

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
It could be – if someone's asked him about his views on England's chances – that "never seen 'em play" actually refers to England here?

Ie
"My expertise flows from supporting Brighton all my life;never seen [England] play; But Hell,they're coming good: Why not England? Anything's poss!"

If he wanted to see us play he could have. So you might be right. But then 'never seen england play', he must have a tv ffs.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How can you support a team you've never seen play? Isn't that like saying your a fan of a band or artist, when you've never heard any of their tracks?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How can you support a team you've never seen play? Isn't that like saying your a fan of a band or artist, when you've never heard any of their tracks?

Jon Snow's a Brighton fan, not a Brighton supporter.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Jon Snow's a Brighton fan, not a Brighton supporter.

But he said: "My expertise flows from supporting Brighton all my life"

Even so, surely the argument is the same if you are claiming to be a fan? You have to know about who or what you are a fan of, or supporting before you make that decision?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
But he said: "My expertise flows from supporting Brighton all my life"

Even so, surely the argument is the same if you are claiming to be a fan? You have to know about who or what you are a fan of, or supporting before you make that decision?

Yes, I know. He's got it wrong. He is not a supporter.

But he is definitely a fan. He knows the club enough to say that we are doing well and he likes us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here