Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** Official England v France Thread *****

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'm VERY excited about this. I had Germany or France to win the tournament in my head but I really do fancy our chances with Roy at the helm. NSC, who does your head say will win this game?

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
I like your optimism but I don't share it I'm afraid, quarters at best althought there doesn't seem to be any sides standing out yet!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hart
Johnson Terry Lescott Cole
Walcott Parker Gerrard Downing
Young
Welbeck​

Most of that team is very good. I wouldn't be in a rush to play Ashley Young or Danny Welbeck, but when the options are the Chambermaid (looked out of place against Belgium) and Carroll (Despite the fact his name is emblazoned on my replica shirt), you realise how short of quality we actually are.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
It's a good point, I have Lose Draw Draw in my head which probably spells elimination but we have to hope? Whats the point otherwise :(

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I can't stand downing!
Awful player at international level

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Always live in hope, always very dissapointed, cannot see any reason for this to change. If we do qualify from the group i will be jumping on the bandwagon.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Always live in hope, always very dissapointed, cannot see any reason for this to change. If we do qualify from the group i will be jumping on the bandwagon.

Stumpy Tim

Reports suggest Downing & Milner to start out wide, presumably as they're better defensively than Walcott and the Ox. Would have liked to have seen Walcott start on the right & Milner on the left personally - we need some pace.

For me our chances come down to the success of one player though - Danny Wellbeck. If he becomes the surprise package of the tournament then we have a chance, if he's average we'll do well to get out of the group.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I will actually cry if Milner and particularly Downing start out wide. It's a sad, sad indictment of our team's almost total lack of talent. We'll barely get the ball in the French half if we have those guys on the flanks. Milner in the middle I could tolerate, as then you can put Young on one flank and play Gerrard behind the striker. But tying our best player who isn't suspended down to central midfield alongside Parker is just not going to work.

D

Deleted member 18477

Park the bus and we have a slim chance. Try and play like Spain and we're out! Would have liked young on the left, gerrard further forward, Milner in centre with Parker and Walcott on the right though.

Downing is dogshit!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Got_A_Bad_feeling.jpg

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I have no expectations for us this time around, so any kind of result will be a bonus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here