Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sound proofing rooms for DRUMMING

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
No we have an electric drum kit up in the loft - when my son wanted a drum kit we decided that was the best way to go - so he could drum away with the headphones on and we wouldn't have to endure the noise! It's still up in the loft but dismantled now - keep meaning to do a car boot - with all the stuff - but never seem to have the motivation to do it!!!

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
No we have an electric drum kit up in the loft - when my son wanted a drum kit we decided that was the best way to go - so he could drum away with the headphones on and we wouldn't have to endure the noise! It's still up in the loft but dismantled now - keep meaning to do a car boot - with all the stuff - but never seem to have the motivation to do it!!!

Should have said it was acoustic!

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
egg trays make realy good sound proofing the old grey ones
u stick them to the walls and cover with mdf or cheap ply thats what most 70s studios /rehersal rooms used

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Anyone here had/have a drum kit and had clever but cheap ways of sound proofing the room when your drumming?

I needed a drummer for my old band, where the devil were you? haha. We have long since killed that band off now but will be looking for musicians in a few months time for a more experimental type band. Can't wait to get started on it!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If you find an effective method let the FA know so they can soundproof the twat who is in the 'England band'.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden

If you are interested in selling it, pm me any details and a price and we can go from there.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Anyone here had/have a drum kit and had clever but cheap ways of sound proofing the room when your drumming?

You can buy pads that go over the drum skins and cymbals that will greatly reduce the noise.

I just told the neighbours when i was going to have a thrash about on me drums and limited it to about half hour per day at a sensible time. Mind you, parties and barbeques were fun when just about every adult decided to become a new Cozy Powell.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
When my son got a drum kit we just went to both sets of neighbours and said "Sorry, we've got a drum kit!" We did tell them that he wasn't allowed to play it before 10:00am or after 6:00pm, and if they wanted a bit of peace and quiet to feel free to knock on the door and we'd tell him to knock it off for the day. They never did and we're still on good terms with them!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
My daughter played drums.We,too,warned people when sessions were on.She had both electric and acoustic kits - she still has.They are dust gatherers now,and attempts to offload them on eBay failed,except for some twerp who "bought" the acoustic set,then asked which part of London Taunton was in.Pretty much free to a good home,though ,note,Taunton is the capital of the People's Realm of Somerset.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
First go and buy a drum kit

Second start asking about soundproofing :facepalm:

Unless you have very understanding neighbours or can afford proper soundproofing, you should have gone electric with mesh heads. Who's a dumb bint now ? :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here