Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Spotted outside the Eagle pub in Gloucester Road in Brighton town earlier today ❤️

IMG_20240510_191124.jpg

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yeah sure, which one's in particular?
In particular the fly one - I wondered what shutter speed.
I’ve always done video but recently bought a hybrid camera (Sony A7iv) and am working on my photography.
Am trying to get the hang of the balance between iso, shutter and aperture . So knowing camera settings / lens choice for Photos added to this thread is good learning

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In particular the fly one - I wondered what shutter speed.
I’ve always done video but recently bought a hybrid camera (Sony A7iv) and am working on my photography.
Am trying to get the hang of the balance between iso, shutter and aperture . So knowing camera settings / lens choice for Photos added to this thread is good learning
The fly one was taken with a Pentax K5, an old (by modern standards DSLR). Shutter 1/320, ISO 1600 and that was with a Pentax Macro 100mm 'M' lens from around 1980. Annoyingly, as the lens is vintage, the camera cannot preserve the aperture. I believe it was around f11, and as they were the last pictures I took I think that's correct as a quick check shows the aperture one half click off that so it seems likely.

And that Sony looks like a lovely camera!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here