LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Another lovely Sunday afternoon to go for a walk

44BD8304-379C-4791-9977-EBB1BE2EE9F6.jpeg

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I would have offered to do them if it was just a few. I need to find out if my printer / scanner can do more than one photo at a time. My old Cannon one did, but I don't know if my HP Envy 5030 does or not. I'll investigate, but can't do that until Wednesday.

I don't know if you did check this out but I use a HP envy 4500 and that does multiple images and does it all pretty well using HP's software. It was as good as my dedicated epson 200 and a lot faster. One tip is to space them out well so that edges don't line up so that it can distinguish different images better. It gives you option to check what's correct and make adjustments. Make sure your edges don't touch. I did about 600 images before xmas. I then banged them through lightroom, cropped them to 150*100mm and edited as appropriate. Turned out 3 albums for my 3 girls of their childhood. Some of the pictures were awful on my big screen but with the editing and scaling back down in print were ok..

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Tried a search of this thread without luck. Would appreciate some advice/opinion.

Have the job of sorting old family photos during lockdown ....... any recommendations of how to scan some onto a laptop?

- Has anyone used apps that are available on iphone eg photomyne?
- Currently don't have a printer so have also been looking on FB marketplace/gumtree etc for a scanner - again any recommendations as what to buy? A specific scanner only or will a general printer with flattop scanner be ok? Not looking to print any photos just store them digitally.

any help appreciated, cheers.

I have just been through a similar exercise. I bought a second hand HP4500 printer/scanner for £5 on FB market place a while back, I also bought a canon 3250(?) at same time the HP was better as software was good. . I think it was better than my dedicated epson v200 which had packed up after light use. It is much quicker and I can't tell any difference in quality. The HP software was good at doing multiple images in one go.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Big clock, Preston Park

Even though I pass by the clock just about every day, it rarely registers quite how handsome it is. I guess the bright morning sunshine and the bare trees help show it off at its best from this angle
20210319_093928.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Big clock, Preston Park

Even though I pass by the clock just about every day, it rarely registers quite how handsome it is. I guess the bright morning sunshine and the bare trees help show it off at its best from this angle
View attachment 135054

When I worked in Preston Park mid 70's to early 80's, my Friday afternoon job amongst other things was to wind up the clock.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
How did you do that, did you tell it your Joke Du Jour? :lol:

I knew I'd get at least one comment similar to this! :)
I can't quite remember the process, but I think it involved hoisting a couple of weights suspended by thick wire, up to the clock so gravity could do the rest, like a huge cuckoo-clock.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hello, after some advice on a new camera.

Have had a Nikon Coolpix P510 for 10 years which has served us really well, however, now somewhat weather beaten and rather chunky so to speak.

Would anyone recommend a similar camera, don't need to add lenses etc but we use rather a lot and would prefer a more compact version.

Looking forward to the usual expert NSC advice from our resident photographers.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Have had a Nikon Coolpix P510 for 10 years which has served us really well, however, now somewhat weather beaten and rather chunky so to speak.

Would anyone recommend a similar camera, don't need to add lenses etc but we use rather a lot and would prefer a more compact version.

I'm not an expert on cameras, but if you've been really happy with your old one, why not just buy the latest version of the model? After 10 years, it will be so much better.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

Check out EBAY or Amazon for a secondhand Fujifilm x100s or X100t, quality cameras, small and compact and produces fantastic results. I have the current x100v btw

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I’ve had the first second third and fourth .....currently holding the first (again) unique range

I was late to the fuji party unfortunately, only starting with the fourth, but I decided to upgrade to the 5th version as they had redesigned the lens as apparently the original lens used in 2,3 and 4 was a bit soft at the edges at f2. I can't see much of a difference tbh. But they are a great camera range with the 2,3 and 4 still holding their value secondhand. I sold my 4th for £700 recently with a few extras in order to fund the 5th version.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I now only have 2 cameras to my name after having sold everything, all my canon 5d mk 2 bodies, all my canon lenses, bags, flashes, everything. As they were getting far to heavy to lug around on my travels.

I now have only the fujifilm x100v which I carry everywhere with me and a Sony A7R3 with f.2.8 sigma 24-70 zoom, and one fuji flash ....... aaah much lighter and easier on the old back.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
At this time of the year, I always go out looking for the first bell in the bluebell woods. Odd day yesterday alternating between bright sunshine and snowy drizzly showers.

First Bluebell 2021.JPG

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Only taken on my phone (with a little editing on Snapseed) but I swung by St Peters church in Rodmell at lunchtime on my bike ride.
Im not religious at all, but I do love an old Medieval church! Gorgeous building (just behind Virginia Woolfs old place (Monks House) & worth a look for anyone passing that way on a walk or ride along the Ouse.

20210505_132856-01_resized.jpeg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• View Mnt Cab NSC.JPG
    View Mnt Cab NSC.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Burnt Orchid NSC.JPG
    Burnt Orchid NSC.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 51